Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 10:04 PM
How about teens that arent the same height as adults? Grahhh or they start off at teen age 1 as shorter and gradually get taller towards the end of their teen life.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
How about teens that arent the same height as adults? Grahhh or they start off at teen age 1 as shorter and gradually get taller towards the end of their teen life.

I think there should be a height difference in all ages of sims not all people are the same height so height differences for all ages would be appropriate.
Scholar
#28 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by no.[666]bicycle
I think there should be a height difference in all ages of sims not all people are the same height so height differences for all ages would be appropriate.

Yeah that'd be the ultimate!! I mean we've got fat sims and skinny sims, next challenge is height! I imagine it'd make it challenging for game developers to get two sims of differing heights to kiss, and what if she's wearing heels ect. But that'd be the best! Because not everyone is 6'0 or however tall sims are supposed to be. I'm only 5'2!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Yeah that'd be the ultimate!! I mean we've got fat sims and skinny sims, next challenge is height! I imagine it'd make it challenging for game developers to get two sims of differing heights to kiss, and what if she's wearing heels ect. But that'd be the best! Because not everyone is 6'0 or however tall sims are supposed to be. I'm only 5'2!

well they do it with the kid hugging interaction, I really just think its laziness on their part to be honest. They have the information to do it and money but I do not like the direction they are going with the sims 4....its pure laziness and people aren't willing to give them enough reason. They threaten us with no more sims games and we all cave, its a form of control without being realized.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by no.[666]bicycle
well they do it with the kid hugging interaction, I really just think its laziness on their part to be honest. They have the information to do it and money but I do not like the direction they are going with the sims 4....its pure laziness and people aren't willing to give them enough reason. They threaten us with no more sims games and we all cave, its a form of control without being realized.

I don't know why any other developer hasn't tried breaking into this genre yet. I for one am tired of EA exploiting their monopoly on Sims fans and dragging us along on a proverbial leash because they know we want the important additions of the game. We want more neighbourhoods, we want more lot spaces, we want pets, toddlers, universities, more jobs and more occult Sims. "Well, if you want those things then you're going to have to wait for them, so here are some stuff packs with content you didn't ask for to tie you over until then." So, like a carrot on a stick, they'll keep leading us on because they know we have no where else to go.

I believe because these types of games are so difficult to make and a nightmare to code that developers would rather stick to the easy products that they can mass-produce, which are shooters and survival horror games. I just wish developers would try to focus more on the various niche's out there. There is a fortune to be made in this community. Maybe we should let developers know that we are here and it's not just FPS, survival horror and MMORPG gamers that are spending the most money. Heck, look at the recent success of Stardew Valley! It was a sprite-game based on Harvest Moon, a series that Harvest Moon fans have been *begging* the developers to port to computer and one very smart inde dev delivered to that niche market and became a millionaire almost overnight!

The thing is, I believe that an indie developer would receive so much support from the Sims community that all they would have to do is build the infrastructure of the game, set-up the framework and make sure the game works and the Simmers will be the ones happily making the Custom Content and the mods for it to make their own gaming experiences as diverse or challenging as they prefer. Hell, I'm sure some content creators would gladly donate assets to the actual game just because they love the genre and want someone else to succeed so EA will shit itself once a competitor that actually poses a threat to the monopoly they've been exploiting with impunity all these years finally enters the market.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 1:07 PM
Whenever someone wants to make something, contact me.

Also, I have NO clue what happened to the other project that got started.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Whenever someone wants to make something, contact me.

Also, I have NO clue what happened to the other project that got started.

There was a project that got started? I'll have to look that one up.

But I'm enthusiastically looking forward to a project like this. I have no coding or meshing experience to contribute but I'll be one of the first in line to buy it when it comes out and I will give them the most valuable marketing tactic every business dreams of. Free word of mouth advertising!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimfulBear
There was a project that got started? I'll have to look that one up.

But I'm enthusiastically looking forward to a project like this. I have no coding or meshing experience to contribute but I'll be one of the first in line to buy it when it comes out and I will give them the most valuable marketing tactic every business dreams of. Free word of mouth advertising!

Me too I think competition for the Sims is exactly what EA needs And I would certainly buy it :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#34 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 10:48 PM
I think age stages could be a bit more specific. Scientifically there are 12 Stages of human life. (actually there are 9 if we don't count pre-birth, birth and death)

Infancy (Ages 0-3)
Early Childhood (Ages 3-6)
Middle Childhood (Ages 6-8)
Late Childhood (Ages 9-11)
Adolescence (Ages 12-20)
Early Adulthood (Ages 20-35)
Midlife (Ages 35-50)
Mature Adulthood (Ages 50-80)
Late Adulthood (Age 80+)

If this can be adapted to the sims, sure the game will be a bit more complicated but also more fun.
Titles can be :
infant, young-child, child, pre-teen, teen, young-adult, adult, mature-adult, elder.

May be a "toddler" stage can be added between infant and young child since aging up happens magically in game and not gradually. A 3yearold toddler is not same as a 6 yearold young child. I don't know may be it's too much detail but to me it always felt awkward when a crawling toddler suddenly becomes a 10 yearold kid in the game.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Test Subject
#35 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 2:17 PM
I actually hope that they will address a few things concerning the life stages. I miss a lot of simple things for the younger child stages right now. The toys are all sooooo huuuuuge (I find a lot of things in the Sims 4 HUGE). I like playing smaller more family oriented houses rather than big mansions and I find it hard to fit the things they can actually interact with into the rooms. Giant stuffed animals, huge jungle gyms and even the dolls house that in the previous sims games always had a quite reasonable size. I'm really missing the simple 'play tag/chase' interaction.
And what I also very much would like to see back from the Sims 2 is the option to bathe my toddler (if/when they arrive) in the tub. My poorer Sims don't always have money to buy changing tables and I'm not a fan of the disappearing nappies. I like the way they handled it in the Sims2....*rant end/wish list end*
Page 2 of 2