Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 11:14 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Help resetting everything!
Hi! I have Sims 2 and I would like to reset everything. I have alot..ALOT of custom content, however my neighborhoods are getting glitchy..etc. I just want to start over then re add only the custom content I want. My question is What exactly are all the steps to need to do? I don't want to have to uninstall my game just reset it.

Btw I am running WIN 7 so to back up my game...and ALL my custom content...Do I goto C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 or

Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\ to backup ALL my files? ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Katie
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 12:16 PM
If you want to save all your hoods, cc, custom paintings etc you go to Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 and copy everything. Some people pick and choose what folders to save but I find it easier to save the lot. Can't forget anything that way.

if you are planning on not saving your hoods and have nothing else in your Sims 2 folder that you want to save except your Download folder then yes just save that.

Another way is rename your sims 2 folder eg 'The Sims 2 Old' The game will make you an all new folder. Then you can take things across to your new folder and once you are sure you have everything the way you want it delete the old one. You can run your game with multiple folders since it only reads the one called 'The Sims 2'. The installation files are where your game is installed to, not your Downloads and hoods.

If you are playing a Maxis hood like Pleasantview you can also reset that by using the neighbourhood stored in the installation files.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 9:36 PM
Thanks bunches joandsarah77 I reset a few neighborhoods..made it so easy! Thanks again!