Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] AnyGameStarter v. 1.6

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2007 at 9:41 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:08 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason:
633 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 632 Feedback Posts
Page 6 of 26
Test Subject
#126 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 1:55 PM
Thanks a lot for this very usefull tool !
Test Subject
#127 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 5:11 PM
I've just tested AGS and it's working fine so far! I don't expect to have any trouble with it, and can't wait to really have the chance to use it. I know I'm not the only one that appreciates how quickly you found and fixed the issues. I will use BGS for building but this little gem will be very useful for those requests for lots with more than one EP! Glad to have both of them.
Forum Resident
#128 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 5:57 PM
I've tested the AGS and when I try to just run BV, it runs the full game... I'm puzzled.
Test Subject
#129 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 6:48 PM
I have to admit that I’m little bit skeptic right now, I going to wait week or two before I install new version
Inventor
#130 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 7:22 PM
Hurray! Now if I want I could have a game set up with just base and seasons....or whatever!

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#131 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 9:04 PM
The_French_Sim - Another user had the same problem with the BaseGameStarter. Have you tried the BaseGameStarter? Do you have the same problem? If so, read this post from the BGS thread and download the special BGS for Christine (it will work for you, too).

If you are not inclined to perform tests with the BaseGameStarter, then post here your AppFiles folder and I will set up a test version of the AnyGameStarter for you.

I only recommend you one thing: if you start the AnyGame and you get a message like "You seem to have uninstalled (one or more EPs)", then close the AnyGame immediately (your "full" game can be run safely, just don't run the mini-game).

m618915 - No one could blame you, lol! This tool is still in beta version, so I'm not compelling anyone to test or run it.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Forum Resident
#132 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 9:24 PM
Also this then Numenor! I've been using yous BSG for long and now I am impatient to use this... thank you!!!!!!
Test Subject
#133 Old 2nd Oct 2007 at 4:04 PM
I have testet it too, with all EPs I have, and it starts my original game, not my minigame....

EDIT: But with the BGS for Christine all works fine, so I play now a second game with only one little neighborhood and only some downloads...it works so good, I dont need the anystarter, I really dont know where the difference is between AGS and BGS?!
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 6:25 PM
This Is Way Better But I Wont Use It Until Someone Can Prove That It Dosent Crash.

The Tipton Hotel,Is Coming Soon To MTS2,6 Floors
G/L:Ground Floor,Lobby
3-6:Suites & Rooms
M:Mezzanine,Karaoke Bar & Theatre.
Field Researcher
#135 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 12:47 AM
This is wonderful!
I do have a question though, is there any way to get an AnyGameBodyShop to link to each AnyGame (AGBS1, AGBS2 ...) so that I can create sims before loading the whole game? I prefer to use BodyShop to create new charcters since it allows better controls of the face. If I could get a BodyShop for each of the games it would save such a headache! This does make quite a few things easier, I like most that I do not have to change accounts to load up a different game. BTW, anyone who is wondering, this now works perfectly for me.

Just when I thought you had decided to sit back and bask in praise for all you have done, this comes along (Okay, I laid it on kinda thick, but there are so many things that I will not play the game without, many of them made by you.)

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Test Subject
#136 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 12:08 PM
Can you please make this like the BGS for christine, cause I would like to have for each neighbourhood one game, its much better, cause of all the downloads related to every one. Hope you understand what I mean, cause my english is not the best...
Scholar
#137 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 3:10 PM
I have been using this for a few days, and I have to say it's great! I like having a full game and a game with no CC but I don't really use BGS because the icons gunk up my desktop.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#138 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 11:14 PM
Default Thread Update!
==========================================================

30 SEPT 2007 - AnyGameStarter v.1.1b
(the "Christine version", lol! )

Fixed a bug that affected only some users: when starting
the mini-game, actually the Full game started; or the game
complaints about not running the right game.
If you are not experiencing this bug, you don't need to redownload.

Thanks to Christine and the other users that reported this bug.

==========================================================

@ Iansplinter - You didn't tell me that your mini-game actually started the full game... However, the "Christine version" of the AnyGame is here

@ Annelae - The BaseGameStarter can create a lot of icons, it's true; for this reason, I've included the ability to pur the icons only in the Start menu (you have to uncheck "Desktop" from the last option screen).
The AnyGameStarter doesn't have this option, but there are three icons at most -

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Scholar
#139 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 6:26 AM
I am happy to report the "Christine" version of the any game starter works flawlessly with my game! You rule! Thanks!

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Forum Resident
#140 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 8:33 PM
...This looks very useful [Downloads] and saves me having to buy another PC for my TS-2 experiments!.

Thanks Numenor, you've done it again!. :D

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Instructor
#141 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 7:40 PM
I would greatly like to thank you for this. Now I can have Seasons for those times when I absolutely have to have the extras that it comes with, and can play good old Nightlife the rest of the time. I'm amazed what a difference it makes in my graphics simply by reverting back to Nightlife.

You can find me on the Sims 4 Gallery as DozerfleetProd. If you have XBox One or PS4, please test out my creations, and let me know if / how well they work on consoles.
Field Researcher
#142 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 4:58 AM
I have gotten this to work, for the most part. I can play, create new sims, CC shows up like it should. Custom lots do not, I have tried installing them into teleport & lot catalog in Anygame starter 1, both package & sims2import types still not showing up.

There is probably something simple I am missing, but I can not make heads or tails of it.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AppFiles.zip (35.1 KB, 0 downloads)

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#143 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 9:21 PM
If your only problem is that you can't install custom lots, the AppFiles is of little use... However, I've checked it, and I've found everything in perfect order.

In case you are doing something wrong while installing the lots, here is the correct procedure, that requires the Clean Installer:
  1. Double-click on the .sims2pack and the Clean Installer will open it.
  2. Click "Install".
  3. In the small window that pops up, UNcheck the option "default installation", and then select from the drop-down menu the entry "Browse..."
  4. Browse to (Documents)\AnyGameStarter\AnyGameX\EA Games\The Sims 2\Teleport
  5. Leave the other options as they are, just click "Install".

Instructor
#144 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 11:09 PM
I think there are some error handling deficiencies in regards to how it handles romantic interactions. When Marina's unofficial date (they're not on date) pauses to have her flirt with him and she suddenly age transitions, instead of canceling the flirt interaction (since there's no InTeenimator for the mini-game; the game simply freezes up. In the real game, the interaction queue would simply cancel out what couldn't be done, without game freeze.

UPDATE

Adding the Nightlife InTeenimator helps with stabilization. However, not the Flavor Pack. I would avoid the Flavor Pack for now. I don't know why the AGS prefers the InTeenimator be present, but whatever.

UPDATE 2

Relationships don't cause crashes now, but there are several portal-related freeze-ups. Taxis only work on University lots, going to class is okay yet going to the Final Exam causes problems.

Also, the Task Manager task ~e5.0001 lingers long after the game is shut down, instead of shutting down when the game does.

You can find me on the Sims 4 Gallery as DozerfleetProd. If you have XBox One or PS4, please test out my creations, and let me know if / how well they work on consoles.
Test Subject
#145 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 3:26 PM
I forgot to say thanks for the Christinversion, now all works fine and I am verry happy. Thanks again, you are the best!!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#146 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 1:17 PM
CormorantEnt - Have you posted by chance in the wrong thread? I don't understand: the problems you mention are related to how the game works (or doesn't work), while the AnyGameStarter is only related to the starting phase; once the game has started, all the game functions rely on the game itself, and the AnyGameStarter doesn't interfere any more.

Field Researcher
#147 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 9:52 PM
I used Clean Installer, it did not work to install the lot for the AGS, it installed the files in the right place, however the houses did not show up in the lot bin.

So instead I now install lots to the normal game and copy over the teleport files. CI installs the CC included with lots fine. Other than that this is wonderful, my game starts up in about three minutes, so much better than the thirty to forty it took before!

If it may help, the Teleport folder keeps reseting and it's contents and itself to read only, as soon as I change it within 30 or so seconds it is read only again.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#148 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 1:59 AM
Cassandra, remember that when you start the AnyGame, during the first 30seconds the Documents folder are temporarily displaced, i.e. you click on "My Documents" and actually you see the AnyGame documents. I strongly suggest not to read/write/open the documents folders during the first 30 seconds from the game start.

Test Subject
#149 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 5:47 PM
That's a great Idea Numenor.But I can't use it because when I have downloaded the Setup I get an Error message.Could you perhaps upload it again, because WinRAR said to me,that the Archiv is destroyed.Sorry for my bad Gramma,but I'm German
Test Subject
#150 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 11:08 PM
Numenor, it seems to me that AGS and BGS do _essentially_ the same thing. Have you considered/will you consider folding them together? A single program, with an essentially unlimited number of combinations permitted (AGS without the three game restriction), with certain combinations pre-generated at user option at install time (BGS) would seem to give users of either program additional flexibility, while leaving you with only ONE program to maintain instead of two. Sounds win-win to me!
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 26