Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 3:09 PM
Default Diagonal not working, mirror problem, and sunken butts.
I have three almost done objects that I need a bit of help with. I call this multi-tasking, you may call it driving myself crazy working on all sorts of stuff at once. But SimPE and milkshop are both open so I might as well get things done, eh?

I took this mesh Crab of Doom edited to work right over at GoS, and made a full sheet sized version of it for double windows. See on the right it looks fantastic? Then I followed the directions for hooking the diagonal mesh to the straight that Numenor has on here and it looks like the straight mesh until it hits the diagonal wall then it reverts to the loft curtains that I cloned for making my meshes. I'm attaching the files. Can someone take a look and see what I missed or did wrong so I can learn from my mistake and do it right? Or do it right for me and tell me where I goofed up?

I'm trying to make a mirror version of Huge Lunatic's seahorse wall deco. As you can see my SimPE preview, the part that gives the horse its proper shading in game is still facing the original direction. Reversing the shadow pic fixed the shadow, but reversing the other black one didn't fix how it goes. What part do I change to get the shading thingy mirrored. Once I have that corrected, I can hang one on each side of my door , or on the wall facing each other. Sweet.

Houston, we have a problem, we have sunken butts. I changed the slot number to that of a floor pillow that Sims can sit on. The tops of the cushions matched in milkshape so I'm not sure why it ends up like this in-game. It's set at -3, does any smart person know what I should change it to to get their bottoms up where they belong? And is there no way to keep their feets from sinking into the ground?
And, since tots can't sit on living chairs, what is a good mesh to clone to make one like this that they can use since it's more a height for them than adults. I was just going for the size in the fallingwater pics online. I'm a silly girl working on making a more accurate but Steampunk version of that joint.

Thanks for all your help you great smart people you.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Curtains.rar (159.7 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Deatherella_FallingWater_Chair1v2.rar (85.8 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Reverse-HL-seahorse.rar (96.5 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 4:46 PM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 24th Nov 2015 at 5:00 PM.
Curtains: You must have missed something in Numenor's tutorial. The curtains weren't linked in the OBJD - the diagonal's GUID needs to go in the "diagonal" field of the straight's OBJD; the straight's GUID needs to go in the "grid align" field of the diagonal's OBJD. Also - did you have more than one version at any time? The reason I ask is that the SHPE and "tsMaterialsMeshName" in the GMND didn't have the right file names... so the diagonal couldn't pick up the straight's texture. I didn't check them out in game - FIXED FILES HERE, if they don't work let me know and I'll take a look to see what I did wrong, lol.

Seahorse: Do you have Cat's UV flip plug-in for MilkShape - if you use MilkShape that is. Simple fix here, I just used that on the shading and the shadow. Now everything looks fine - FIXED FILE HERE
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Curtains: You must have missed something in Numenor's tutorial. The curtains weren't linked in the OBJD - the diagonal's GUID needs to go in the "diagonal" field of the straight's OBJD; the straight's GUID needs to go in the "grid align" field of the diagonal's OBJD. Also - did you have more than one version at any time? The reason I ask is that the SHPE and "tsMaterialsMeshName" in the GMND didn't have the right file names... so the diagonal couldn't pick up the straight's texture. I didn't check them out in game - FIXED FILES HERE, if they don't work let me know and I'll take a look to see what I did wrong, lol.

Seahorse: Do you have Cat's UV flip plug-in for MilkShape - if you use MilkShape that is. Simple fix here, I just used that on the shading and the shadow. Now everything looks fine - FIXED FILE HERE

Thanks. As soon as I get this real life tot fed some lunch, I'm going to fire up my game and check them out. I figured I messed up when I was following Numenor's little tutorial.
I do Cat's mirror plug-in, that's how I flipped the seahorse main object. I just didn't see that the other parts weren't right until I had the mirrored obj file put into the new mesh.

That was quick. Thanks.

4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 7:52 AM
Got sidetracked by real life after naptime yesterday.

http://thumbs.modthesims.info/getimage.php?file=1585246

The curtains are looking and working great. Stuck in leefish's shifting fix and they go up and down for the taller windows. (Going to try and do the tutorial for making them shiftable on their own later, but that fix makes the maxis curtains work, too, so who knows.)

And my mirrored seahorse comes out like this in my game and in simpe:

http://thumbs.modthesims.info/getimage.php?file=1585247

I am not sure what tutorial to look thru to figure out how to make the shader blended in since it is in "blend" mode in the mmat or txmt -- I'm tired and the right place to check that just flipped out of my brain. So the shading thing is now the right direction, but sits on top of the texture. What should I do next to fix this little problem?

Thanks for your great help you've already given me. I probably won't have time to get back to finishing fixing these until Friday evening or Saturday since tomorrow's a holiday -- so I am still paying attention to all help offered, just have to do the holiday and watch more tots on Friday.
Screenshots

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 12:51 PM
If you plan on slaving the seahorse, you don't want to flip the uv. You want to flip all mesh parts in Milkshape. Just cloning my original should then have all the right settings.