Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buyable Aspiration & Career Rewards for Lot Builders

by Sophie-David Posted 14th Oct 2009 at 7:04 PM - Updated 8th Oct 2021 at 12:49 PM by HugeLunatic : fix install instructions

136 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Theorist
Original Poster
#51 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maky135
It's gr8 but it totally kills the meaning of Aspiration and the rewards for it, I'm downloading it and I may use it...
Yes it can - but its entirely up to the player how these are used. In general I still work for the rewards in the usual way - unless they form part of a theme such a mad scientist's lab or a high-end castle library. EA themselves did stock some of their lots with reward objects - such as in the University secret societies. This project simply allows everyone to have that creative option in lot design.
Field Researcher
#52 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
Yes it can - but its entirely up to the player how these are used. In general I still work for the rewards in the usual way - unless they form part of a theme such a mad scientist's lab or a high-end castle library. EA themselves did stock some of their lots with reward objects - such as in the University secret societies. This project simply allows everyone to have that creative option in lot design.

Thanks so very much! Since I have all expansions and stuff packs, I thought I was completely out of luck, but now the teleprompter (with invisible recolour) is about to become the pulpit in my First Community Church of Plumbob. It really is all about the theme, isn't it?
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#53 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 4:21 PM
Yes indeed - you're welcome!
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 2:56 AM
I'm having trouble getting these to work for me. The buyable aspiration rewards are working fine, but the career rewards are not. They are not showing up anywhere in the catalog, including where they should under the hobby tab (recreation, miscellaneous, and all were checked).

I'm not certain which version I need, either, but my 2 best guesses were both tried with the same issue. I have all EPs up to and including Bon Voyage. I do NOT have Freetime or Apartment Life.

I have tried the first one listed, for most players and combos of EPs. I have also tried the Seasons with University one. I am installing in the correct place in my Bins subfolder.

Could someone please help me out?

PS: I have a hack that allows the career rewards to be bought with aspiration points. Could this be conflicting? If so, that should maybe be listed as such.......
Theorist
Original Poster
#55 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hweldon81
I'm having trouble getting these to work for me. The buyable aspiration rewards are working fine, but the career rewards are not... PS: I have a hack that allows the career rewards to be bought with aspiration points. Could this be conflicting? If so, that should maybe be listed as such.......
I would suspect that the career rewards for aspiration points hack would almost certainly conflict with this one. But if you remove the other hack you will know for sure.

The correct patches would be found in SDpatchSeasons_Rewards.zip. Sorry for your trouble, and I hope this helps.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 4:54 PM
Thanks for responding. I removed the other hack and this works fine.

Sorry for not thinking of that until I was posting here. My apologies for whining to you. I'll just need to alternate between using this and the career rewards for aspiration points one.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#57 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 5:46 PM
No problem at all - I'm glad you got it sorted out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 6:52 PM
Thanx! Now I don't have to cheat to get them! :D
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#59 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 7:24 PM
You're welcome Hecubus.
Test Subject
#60 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 12:20 AM
It says I can't save the file in the place you told me to save it. Is this a known error...or..?

I am a nice shark. Not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. FISH ARE FRIENDS, NOT FOOD!
Theorist
Original Poster
#61 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Erin2341
It says I can't save the file in the place you told me to save it. Is this a known error...or..?
If you are running the game under Vista or Windows 7 you would need to be logged on as an Administrator to save to any folder in the Program Files (x86) directory. On my Vista laptop with Double Deluxe installed the correct path is C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins. If you are still having trouble, have a look through this thread for further information - or post again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 6:18 PM
This is so great! Thank You very much :lovestruc
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#63 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 3:40 AM
You're welcome.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#64 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 5:21 PM
Thank you for this!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#65 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 7:32 PM
You're welcome DayDreamer.
Test Subject
#66 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 2:38 AM
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong here, but I'm running Windows 7 and I don't have the folder you're telling me to send it to. I can go C/Program Filesx86/EA Games/TheSims2/TSData and then I only have the option of Config, CSConfig, or Sims3D. I had a look under the AL folder, which has the right sub folders but when I try and extract it it says "Access Denied".

I have no idea what I'm doing and really don't want to go poking around in folders I shouldn't. Is there a solution?
Theorist
Original Poster
#67 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jenncoll321
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong here, but I'm running Windows 7 and I don't have the folder you're telling me to send it to. I can go C/Program Filesx86/EA Games/TheSims2/TSData and then I only have the option of Config, CSConfig, or Sims3D. I had a look under the AL folder, which has the right sub folders but when I try and extract it it says "Access Denied".

I have no idea what I'm doing and really don't want to go poking around in folders I shouldn't. Is there a solution?
To avoid the "Access Denied" message you need to be logged on as an administrator, and also, the Sims 2 cannot be running at the same time.

Also, when you extract the files, just extract them to an ordinary folder first, then use Windows Explorer to copy the files to the correct destination. I'm fairly sure the files will work in the AL directory if the basegame directory structure is not visible for some reason.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 23rd May 2013 at 9:05 PM
HUGE TY!

now i can build an evil lair for my sims to torture... eepp i mean, Entertain his guests >:D
Theorist
Original Poster
#69 Old 24th May 2013 at 3:11 AM
You're welcome - I think.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 23rd May 2014 at 3:57 PM
finally no unlocking of career rewards. hehehe
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 9:14 PM
Thank you ! :)
Theorist
Original Poster
#72 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 4:56 AM
Thank you for the encouragement.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#73 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 7:37 PM
Hi, I have been using this mod for years - very useful for speciality lots. I have all EPs and SPs installed except for M&G and Family Fun Stuff. However, today I had an issue trying to access the Surveillance reward. I have never tried to use it before.

I have all objects available in the expected places except the surveillance. The catalog is the only place the reward shows and it has a custom star, and I cannot pick it from the catalog or place it.

See picture:

Help appreciated.
Screenshots

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#74 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 6:27 AM
I've been dabbling in the Sims 2 again since EA made the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection available. I'd like to get these back into my game, but the paths are a little different with U.C. than they were for the original installations. I know how to get to my Bin files, but into which one should I put the patch? And, since I have all the expasions/stuff packs, do I need to download the first patch AND the Pets and up patch?
Theorist
Original Poster
#75 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
Hi, I have been using this mod for years - very useful for speciality lots. I have all EPs and SPs installed except for M&G and Family Fun Stuff. However, today I had an issue trying to access the Surveillance reward. I have never tried to use it before.

I have all objects available in the expected places except the surveillance. The catalog is the only place the reward shows and it has a custom star, and I cannot pick it from the catalog or place it.

I do remember something odd about the Surveillance reward but I will have check into it and get back to you, leefish. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Page 3 of 6