Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 10:31 AM
Default University : Get Fresh Hot Help Here!!
EP's are great, but there can always be a few teething problems when they first come out. Daysies, our stylish moderator of technical flair has compiled an evergrowing thread that includes tips, how-tos and what will and won't work in the EP. Included is:

. A guide to making sure your recoloured content is EP compatible

. A guide to installing University

. A very comprehensive list of hacks that do or don't work with the EP including input from hack creators.

. A very definite plea to REMOVE all custom careers from your downloads folder as they will cause problems.

We urge everyone who has or will be installing University to check this post and keep it bookmarked for updates!

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47692

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 4:01 PM
Oh, my....I never installed that second patch! I'm so glad I saw this thread! Thank you Loverat and Daysies. Thank you, thank you!
You have no idea how many people likely did not put in that second patch as many of us thought we didn't need "asian support." I'm off to spread the word!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 1:48 AM
I second Dewshine! Thanks Daysies and Loverat for this compilation of important notes. We don't get the EP in the UK until 11 March, so all this is invaluable to know up front.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 2:15 AM
I'm very confused about the patch. Do I need to have it with the University EP? Do I need both from EA or just the updated one? (I have a DVD version)
Forum Resident
#5 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 4:08 AM
Ladysimular, I'd guess that if you installed a patch way back and the game refuses to install then you need to get the updated patch....
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 4:17 AM
well...the game is installing. I had to un-install both games and re-install trying to get EP to work and when I did that before EP I'd have to re-install the patch, too. My question is really..do I need this patch with EP still? Oh..and I'm talking about the Maxis EA official patch...and do I just need to latest one or both?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 5:19 AM
Default question;
i have a question...i don't have those patches, i dont think. i know i dont have the second, but i am not sure if i had the first or not. i din't have any installation problems at all, though, and from what i can tell, it works fine, and i fixed all my recolours and they all work too. so, does this mean, i am fine, or does this mean i need to uninstall and get those patches anyhow?

-Maggie
Check out my web site, we are always free!
Romance Sims -Maggie
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 6:25 AM
okay see i have the game i had installed the game with all the hacks and things.. and guess what it got stuck ..right smack in the middle of loading.. i had to take all the hacks and the skins...etc out of the game for it to work perfectly after words
#9 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 7:07 AM
I just tried to DL the patch but it told me my game was installed improperly, and that I need to reinstall it. But my game works fine, and I'm using the Ep just fine. So do I really need the patch?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 7:28 AM
If you have University installed, you do not need to get any patch from Maxis. The patch was included in University.

I am Queen!
My pantyhose say so.

Field Researcher
#11 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celtic_Coonass
If you have University installed, you do not need to get any patch from Maxis. The patch was included in University.

Thank you oh grand and magnificent Celtic_Coonass!!! That is exactly what I wanted to know!! YAY!!!! And....may I say that your moniker is....distinctive. I too am Celtic....ach!!!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 10:47 PM
Daysies, thank you so much for compiling this information.

I've been reluctant to get the EP after hearing so many technical horror stories. Now I feel better about knowing I can go somewhere and get good answers!

Thanks again!
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 3:31 AM
I have a question. I cleaned out my downloads folder, save all my genetics/clothing/makeup (which are working perfectly). I installed the EP without a hitch. Game plays fine. Now, I went checked the list of working hacks, before I put mine in, and I put Merola's Multi-Purpose painting back in...and it doesn't show up. Game still runs fine, it's just the painting doesn't show up, at least, not in College Town. Now, I haven't tried playing the normal neighborhoods again. so maybe that's where it is. Can anyone tell me if my guess that it is in the neighborhoods, rather than the university, is true?
Forum Resident
#14 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 6:13 AM
Just to let you all know there is a group of us testing sharing clothing across the YA/adult age group. you can find more info here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=284494 in post 52.
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 7:48 PM
Can some one plez help me im on the verge of a mental breakdown, i I'm having this problem iv'e looked everywhere, for the solution. Everytime i go to install my university expansion pack it gets stuck at 64%. I even took out my cd burning programs, took out all my hacks and custom content, reinstalled the regular sims 5-6 times and it keeps getting stuck. I am fuming i have no idea what to do. It's definitly not my cd its the computer b/c i have tried installing my brothers cd, which worked fine on his computer just not mine, its stops at 64% where its says: Support/ * * this is driving me crazy, ive contancted EA Games and i have to wait around 3 bussiness days for a response, does anyone know hom to fix this. If it helps, i have a laptop but the sims 2 runs fine just not university it wont install. HELP MEEEE
Test Subject
#16 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 8:35 PM
i had the same problem i stayed up all night to finally get it working. i rename ea games in the my/document
(by the way i have laptop to) i also bouught mor memory
i rename ea games to pre game.i unstall sims 2 and restalled it and it began to work. i hope that helps u
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 9:24 PM
Any more sugestions incase it doesnt work?
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by epiphany
i had the same problem i stayed up all night to finally get it working. i rename ea games in the my/document
(by the way i have laptop to) i also bouught mor memory
i rename ea games to pre game.i unstall sims 2 and restalled it and it began to work. i hope that helps u

so all u do is first i uninstall the sims and then wen it asks for a directory in stall it as pre game and then it works or just rename the folder? :confused:

:fight: i really hope this works anyone eles got ne more suggestions? :weep: i really hope it works :elephant: if it does ill be happy if not then ill stay frustrated and irate :madashel: :swear:
Field Researcher
#19 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by APaiger
I have a question. I cleaned out my downloads folder, save all my genetics/clothing/makeup (which are working perfectly). I installed the EP without a hitch. Game plays fine. Now, I went checked the list of working hacks, before I put mine in, and I put Merola's Multi-Purpose painting back in...and it doesn't show up. Game still runs fine, it's just the painting doesn't show up, at least, not in College Town. Now, I haven't tried playing the normal neighborhoods again. so maybe that's where it is. Can anyone tell me if my guess that it is in the neighborhoods, rather than the university, is true?

I'm sorry no one has every responded to this. I thought someone who could be helpful would....but...I just wanted you to know that it IS working in my game in College Town. I hope you aren't still having this problem as I can't imagine playing without this. Makes life SOOOOoooo much easier!
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ktwitch007
Can some one plez help me im on the verge of a mental breakdown, i I'm having this problem iv'e looked everywhere, for the solution. Everytime i go to install my university expansion pack it gets stuck at 64%. I even took out my cd burning programs, took out all my hacks and custom content, reinstalled the regular sims 5-6 times and it keeps getting stuck. I am fuming i have no idea what to do. It's definitly not my cd its the computer b/c i have tried installing my brothers cd, which worked fine on his computer just not mine, its stops at 64% where its says: Support/ * * this is driving me crazy, ive contancted EA Games and i have to wait around 3 bussiness days for a response, does anyone know hom to fix this. If it helps, i have a laptop but the sims 2 runs fine just not university it wont install. HELP MEEEE

I had the same problem all i did was keep hitting retry and it loaded ok and the game is working fine so far
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ktwitch007

Just an update i got the game installed and it is working fine thanx from an email from technical support from ea games. BUT WHERE IS ALL MY CUSTOM CONTENT! none of my downloads work is there any way for them to show up? :banghead: :bricks: :swear: :cranky: :muffy: < sry had fun with the smilies
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 9:23 AM
Guys, if you want help PLEASE post in the Tech Support Forum. The reason you aren't getting answers is because this is just a COMMENT thread for a news post =P C'mon - get serious if you want answers.

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 1:43 PM
Default Get Fresh Hot Help Here
LOL I was getting readyto post a question to this forum too. I thought that the title was self explanatory but I guess not. :fight:
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 1:49 PM
Default Get Fresh Hot Help Here
Oh but I do have one small question thou that probably would be appropriate for this thread....Do anyone know if they made a Prima Official Game Guide book #2 for the University :confused:
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 1:57 PM
i love university, after i took out all hacks and careers and reinstalled it works great, only problem i have is finding the cheats that allow you to use build/buy modes in dorms.. anyone know the correct cheats please?
Locked thread
Page 1 of 3