Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#8426 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 6:40 PM
I'm starting to think that my sims just shouldn't have parties anymore. One day into the Morgans' session they threw a little family reunion and a couple sims with history kissed each other and made a HUGE scene involving two couples. Hayden Robinson and Sarah Williams shared a kiss in front of a huge crowd outside the house. Hayden's long-term girlfriend Alissa got furious of course. (Alissa is also Sarah's aunt) Hayden is literally a day or two from dying so I'm not really sure what my plan with him will be. Maybe it was a simple 'live everyday like you're dying' moment?

And Sarah Williams really isn't in the situation to be doing something like that. She just recently got married and adopted three kids and is currently expecting again. She really can't afford to get a divorce from her husband because he hardly makes anything as well. Hopefully the die will be nice and it'll roll for them to work things out, for the children's sake. So much for a nice family reunion.
Advertisement
#8427 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 7:01 PM
After a serious break from playing sims and reading book 1 of Game of Thrones I've decided to go medieval and a serious attempt this time. Collecting the CC do far is way too easy, minus the default replacements which is proving to be a pain. Trying to sort out these files so I have all the appropriate files in the same folder for each NPC is teally time consuming especuially when the files aren't labeled helpfully.
Scholar
#8428 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 8:32 PM
So I was talking about Florence and her babies in my last post...

And now when it's turn to play Betelgeuse he asks the matchmaker for a blind date and he meets... Florence!
Should I pair them? Hey, if I did his step-daughters would also be his half-sisters
His brother Rigel was recently abducted, still pregnant, but when the baby is born it will be nephew/niece of his/her own brother

Wouldn't that be a hell of a family tree
Screenshots
Instructor
#8429 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 12:00 AM
Just opened up the Contender household. I can already see it's going to be a mess. Jessica Contender has a want to fall in love with happily married General Buzz Grunt. She has a fear of catching Carlos cheating on her. Unfortunately for her, her fear is a lot more likely to happen than her want.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8431 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 8:11 AM
I played uni at the dorm with the baby

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#8432 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 2:23 PM Last edited by Essa : 18th Nov 2015 at 4:07 PM.
Quote:
Also how do parents with 10 nice each have a 1 nice point child?

I think I saw a thread at Maty about how personality points were assigned by the game.
That's why I'm always rolling the pacifier before a sim give birth.

ETA: I used to change personality points in SimPE but now I just roll the pacifier.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8434 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I think I saw a thread at Maty about how personality points were assigned by the game.
That's why I'm always rolling the pacifier before a sim give birth.

ETA: I used to change personality points in SimPE but now I just roll the pacifier.

I always load up cas and spin the dice before playing, that I know prevents clones, I've never seen it encourage nice points.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#8435 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 9:48 AM
This rotation is gettng pretty exciting.

Suzie is a former townie who married Isaac Huntington. They had a kid and lived quite happily until his past took over.
It's true he had dated quite a few girls before but he had been loyal to Suzie since they met. Which one of his ex-gfs did nod agree apparently, as she decided to flirt with him - right in front of Suzie!
She got mad at him and divorced him. He left their apartment to move into one with a much cheaper rent, as he had to send half his salary to provide for their son Newland.

After that life has been kinder on him than on her, it seems.
Isaac married Ivana Stewart, who has a good job and a comfy house. They are childless but live quite happily.
Suzie also married again, to another townie named Addison Go. He was very poor and even together they could only afford a very small 1 bedroom house (Newland sleeps on the coach). She got pregnant, and the very same day their baby was born Addison died.
Now she is alone, with one kid and a little baby, penniless and working a shitty job.
Poor Suzie.
Field Researcher
#8436 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 3:35 PM
Not much going on this rotation, aside from Penelope's whirlwind romance - she fell in love at first sight with Robert Black, the creativity/arts ring leader, married him and had just had his babies when fire and tragedy overtook the household and he died over some burnt tv dinners. Poor thing, she now lives with her twin, Anthony II, and his wife, children. She and Luella had been pregnant at the same time, had both had twins.. now there's four babies between three adult sims. This's gonna be hectic when their turn comes around again. But, I did think their loading screen was cute, since I had merged the households shortly before Robert's deaths.
Screenshots

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Mad Poster
#8437 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 8:59 PM
Well, the first marriage happened in my brand new hood! And the first baby on the way - and the birth - and then there were twins.
Lab Assistant
#8438 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 9:09 PM
Well I just started my hood of 4 households. So far it's pretty boring haha. Babies are being born, children are growing up, adults are moving up in their careers while trying to find partners.
Inventor
#8439 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 3:07 AM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 21st Nov 2015 at 2:32 PM.

Time will tell what sort of freakish mutant comes out of this union. Stay tuned, O future utterly enthralled proles! .

(Also, kudos to Charity for providing Dr. Mal's uniforms, perfect attire for any monarch, military officer, war hero, coup engineer or aspiring dictator. Give her some love, will you? )

EDIT: Aw, I picked up a Disagree? Maybe somebody around here likes having broken elevators in their eight-story homes. .
Top Secret Researcher
#8440 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 8:09 PM
Default Quick Update
Another party, another dose of drama in Bluewater Village. What can I say, except for that from now I think I'm going to have to make some kind of chart or excel sheet that keeps track of who dated who, who hates who etc.

Max and his wife Sarah threw a holiday party and Sarah's sister Isabella (who's also married to Max's brother Demitri) got in the hot tub and started flirting with Emette Davis. This is the second time Isabella has 'cheated' on Demitri but will he forgive her this time? If he doesn't and they break up she'll have to move in with her sister Sarah at their family home. Even though I don't actually roll for the divorce until I play their household I do go over everything before hand. That includes their finances, custody of any children, their new home after splitting, and any possible sims they may date afterwards. I hope for their sake they stay together because of their daughter Sophia.

Emette actually just got divorced from his ex wife Reiko and then afterwards moved into his new girlfriend's house, in fact they plan on getting married as soon as possible. (She's always been 'the one' for him) Maybe getting married again is starting to give him cold feet?
Mad Poster
#8441 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 9:39 PM
Four weddings, four births, two sets of twins (sigh). Think I should stop naming twins Kevin and Kelly in every hood. Think I might have named the girl Kevin and the boy Kelly.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8442 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 9:57 PM
More uni, I've been trying the 36 hour mod but the knowledge sims who want Dean's list only have time to do term paper, do a couple of assignments go to one class and then it's time for exam. As much as I love uni being only 6 years/12 days, it's too much like a work whirlwind. I'm going to switch back to 48 hours and live with the fact that sims uni lasts 8 years.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#8443 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 11:53 PM Last edited by Essa : 22nd Nov 2015 at 1:20 AM.
Nabila Kowalski gave birth to twin boys, NoƩ and Nico. Geoffroy (knowledge/family) took a paternity leave to take care of them. He's a really great dad IMO.
Gabriel, their eldest son aged to a teen during the last rotation. I'm worrying because I currently have lots of boys in my hood and I have a shortage of girls. I'll deal with it, 130 playables are enough for my taste.

@joandsarah77
I'm about to try this mod by Cyjon: http://cyjon.net/node/116. You might be interested in this one.
I hope it'll fit my playstyle more.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8444 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 12:25 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 22nd Nov 2015 at 12:35 AM.
@Essa Are you trying it today? Post back if you can. I've already gone and loaded up with the 48 hour mod back in again. Sounds really interesting. Possibly a little short being only 8 days but I like the idea of having one exam every 2 days. I am guessing this must change the whole UI outlay.

Doesn't BO have a uni mod, or am I dreaming that? If so I should take a look at that as well. My uni is feeling like musical chairs right now. I'm sure the students are dizzy from going from 48 to 36 and back to 48 hours.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#8445 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 2:29 AM
I use that mod by cyjon for University, and it's great! Generally, my sims have time to do well if they want to (though if they have no skills they may have to speed through learning a few). If they start out with a lot of skills, attend both classes, and maybe write a term paper or do a few assignments they may also even have time to throw a party or socialize! I also use the other mod mentioned on that page, later classes, which only puts class in the afternoon so nobody ever misses it with the 9 am exams. The exam time can get a little different though if you move your sim between households. I know I enjoy playing University much more when it's only four semesters of two days each. It doesn't feel like a chore to get through it when I have to play multiple University households. The only downside is sometimes it can feel a little rushed without time for the sims to enjoy themselves. To counter that, I've started throwing a "graduation party" at the end of each semester where the graduating seniors get to invite friends, family, and fellow students to celebrate. I created a party house and I teleport in all the sims I want there. At the end of the party, the seniors move back to the neighborhood.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8446 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 2:38 AM
Do sims still get the 72 hours until leaving after graduating? I was thinking I could give use 2 days there (48 hours) to make it up to 10 days total. Whatever I do in uni itself has to be the same time length for my yang adults who are not going to uni since I use it as a life stage not just as university time.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8447 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 9:54 AM
I have never found Uni too long myself and still play it the unmodded way. Time passes quickly - my Sims leave for community lots early in the morning, where they spend a day or two, and return to the dorm late at night. They basically only sleep at the dorms. The uni clock in the game keeps ticking, so it is final exam before you know it. Sometimes one Sim will accidentally be left at the dorm (my fault ) and will then stay a couple of hours longer in the end. I also make a point of sending each student (normally 6 per dorm) out on his/her own as well - that way, they do not all graduate at the same time. My Sims have rather simple dorms and have to go to community lots to skill. And if they have all the necessary skills, they can go and perform with their band; busk for more money, buy clothes, fish or swim or hang out at their hobby clugs. This means that they will leave Uni with a whole bunch of friends too. I have the uni kitchen and chef on all the "official" lots (library, sport grounds, etc). so that they do not go hungry. They also take friends and family on outings.
I guess that is one of the "playing around a problem" things that I have learned in my vanilla game; and I like playing this way.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8448 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 12:33 PM
Even if I liked staying at uni for 24 days, it's just unrealistic given an unmodded adult life span is 30. For me to be happy with that many days in that age range I would need adults to have at least 120 days. Otherwise a new cas adult in the main hood played during the same rotation would be 6 days away from elder when the YA graduated. If you don't do rotations or aging in some kind of sync that wouldn't bother you. Basically I am trying to get what is a semi realistic time spent at uni and a realistic time as a young adult. Even with 16 days with the 48 hour mod that equils 8 years at uni or from 18-26, I can't reasonably stretched young adulthood any older than that.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8449 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 12:39 PM
I understand - I personally just do not worry about age that much; it suits me fine that they still have 28 days when they leave Uni Aging off is probably my best friend in Sims 2.
Mad Poster
#8450 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 1:34 PM
An awful lot of the problems people have with Uni (and other problems with synching) go away if you internalize the notion that all sim days are composites. University is a highly-concentrated experience, so it scales time differently, so you play it longer at a time and don't go back to the main hood till the right amount of time is passed.

If you make full use of University lots, you can get 72 hours out of the way in two days on the residence lot. I've made it a rule that Silver Beech Hart's band plays one campus gig per semester, and he initiates one date per semester, and his semesters are easily encompassed in two days; sometimes a little less. The less you do with a University sim, the longer they take to get through University. If you want to rush through, treat the residence the way real college students do = as a place to sleep! Everything else they need to do can be done somewhere else on campus.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Post in v2 :)
Page 338 of 363