Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 10:37 AM
Default There is a Human Trait.
There is a Human trait in the Sims 4. Cool, right!????????
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 11:27 AM
Yes, it's in preparation for pets. There are separate traits for each species.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 11:40 AM
good for makin' Hybrids... You kno. Fo' Custom traits...
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 11:44 AM
Trait!!!?? I don't think I will ever understand the minds of the game designers. The last thing I would ever think was appropriate was to model a physical reality as a behavioural trait.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 12:38 PM
Traits are there go tonfkf everything. Like, if the attraction system from TS2 was brought back, they'd just add it to the trait system and waste a a lot lol

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 1:56 PM Last edited by Candyd : 2nd Mar 2017 at 1:54 AM. Reason: checked spelling
There is another to define ordinary human sims : occult_nooccult.
Instructor
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Traits are there go tonfkf everything. Like, if the attraction system from TS2 was brought back, they'd just add it to the trait system and waste a a lot lol

Likely because its easier to build on a existing system you know what works that try to reinvent the wheel for no reason whatsoever because players arent even supposed to see code. Codewise it would likely be set as trait but UI wise it would not.
Instructor
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 7:10 PM
Not related, but you really need to get rid of that Rogue you've got installed, if that's your screenshot. These kinds of apps are garbage and only bring trouble, trust me.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
Likely because its easier to build on a existing system you know what works that try to reinvent the wheel for no reason whatsoever because players arent even supposed to see code. Codewise it would likely be set as trait but UI wise it would not.

For game design reasons. There's no reason to merge attraction with the trait system when Sims don't have as many traits as they used to, and a Sim shouldn't be rigidly defined by having one of their three traits be "Likes Brown Hair" - that's useless.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 3:04 PM Last edited by CuteCuteSimChild : 26th Feb 2017 at 3:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MarcyRoars
Not related, but you really need to get rid of that Rogue you've got installed, if that's your screenshot. These kinds of apps are garbage and only bring trouble, trust me.

I KNOW.
I HATE it!
When I'm playing, it PULLS me out of my GAME!!

I DON'T KNOW HOW!!!!!!!

I AM GOING into CONTROL PANEL!
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 8:40 PM
wow that's so cool
Mad Poster
#12 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CuteCuteSimChild
I KNOW.
I HATE it!
When I'm playing, it PULLS me out of my GAME!!

I DON'T KNOW HOW!!!!!!!

I AM GOING into CONTROL PANEL!

I used to have Comodo's free firewall on my old laptop and when I wanted to play a full-screen game or watch videos, I would right-click on the firewall's icon in my Windows task tray. There was an option on that menu to click called Silent Mode, Quiet Mode, Game Mode or something similar (Avast antivirus also has this feature). It tells the security software to SHUT UP and not interrupt you with those stupid messages while you're playing your favorite game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I used to have Comodo's free firewall on my old laptop and when I wanted to play a full-screen game or watch videos, I would right-click on the firewall's icon in my Windows task tray. There was an option on that menu to click called Silent Mode, Quiet Mode, Game Mode or something similar (Avast antivirus also has this feature). It tells the security software to SHUT UP and not interrupt you with those stupid messages while you're playing your favorite game.

Thank You, But I already uninstalled it.
Instructor
#14 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 10:20 AM
Probably late to the party, as usual, but @CuteCuteSimChild, if you ever have an app that causes you problems I recommend using GeekUninstaller . It's a portable app that I've been using for a long time to get rid of pesky apps from people's computers (I fix people's computers to earn a little money regularly), and also use it myself to make sure apps get deleted entirely with no leftover traces in the registry whatsoever (you'd be surprised how stupidly sloppy and broken most apps' uninstallers are). Just make sure not to click the big shiny "Download" buttons on the ads, but the actual download button. Unfortunately malicious and false ads are a problem almost everywhere.

Unless you're uninstalling apps with it that are integrated with each other like Adobe CC or Autodesk Desktop, GeekUninstaller is pretty safe to use (provided you don't just click mindlessly) without fear of it breaking other apps or Windows elements, since it only deletes registry values created by the app you're trying to uninstall.

I'm not sure if what I'm doing is allowed(?) But it's extremely useful to me, maybe it is for you too, or maybe other people reading this if you've got a nasty unremovable or broken app in the future.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Instructor
#15 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965

The problem with a lot of security apps (Norton Security, Comodo, AVG, Panda, Avast, all of them) is that there's rogues, made by scammers and criminals, floating around on the internet that are presented with ads, tricking users into thinking they're installing legitimate security software. These rogues then falsely report viruses, malware and broken registry files (like in OP's screenshot) and essentially "go rogue" (hence the name). Then, when you want to clean the "infections", they'll ask you to buy the full version for an exorbitant price. It's a filthy, cheap scam that still exists because people keep falling for it and ad hosts/websites don't monitor their advertisements.

It's disastrous for legitimate companies like Symantec, AVG, Avast, etc. because these rogues ruin their reputation. Not only that, but they also infest gullible and less tech-savvy people's systems with garbage and give them a false sense of security or fear. It's disgusting.

Anyway, as an attempt to get back on topic, uh... how about those vampires in the Sims 4? They're pretty neat. *cough*

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 11:46 AM
The problem with a lot of security apps (Norton Security, Comodo, AVG, Panda, Avast, all of them) is that there's rogues, made by scammers and criminals, floating around on the internet that are presented with ads, tricking users into thinking they're installing legitimate security software.

As if legitimate security software were that much better...
Instructor
#17 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anarchy Blues
As if legitimate security software were that much better...

For prevention, definitely. Cleanup, not so much. You'd use more aggressive software like that of Malwarebytes for that, which is made to clean up any infection, which can cause files and apps to become nonfunctional. Antivirus and Antimalware go hand in hand together. Using both is the best practice.

I honestly wouldn't be able to use the internet comfortably without my security suite that comes with real time antivirus, a dedicated firewall (far superior than the Windows firewall), protection from remote intrusion attempts into my system, cloud based scanning and file insight to assess the reputation of a file or app.

The problem is that most people expect Antivirus software to magically prevent ALL infection, and clean everything up when things do go south. Such software is not made to do any of that. All it does is prevent identified (and in my case unidentified) threats from doing any damage as long as the user doesn't let said threats bypass the software. If you want to actually clean up malware, you'd need a bunch of tools to do so safely.

Prevention is better than a cure!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 12:26 PM
For prevention, definitely. Cleanup, not so much. You'd use more aggressive software like that of Malwarebytes for that, which is made to clean up any infection, which can cause files and apps to become nonfunctional. Antivirus and Antimalware go hand in hand together. Using both is the best practice.

I honestly wouldn't be able to use the internet comfortably without my security suite that comes with real time antivirus, a dedicated firewall (far superior than the Windows firewall), protection from remote intrusion attempts into my system, cloud based scanning and file insight to assess the reputation of a file or app.

The problem is that most people expect Antivirus software to magically prevent ALL infection, and clean everything up when things do go south. Such software is not made to do any of that. All it does is prevent identified (and in my case unidentified) threats from doing any damage as long as the user doesn't let said threats bypass the software. If you want to actually clean up malware, you'd need a bunch of tools to do so safely.

Prevention is better than a cure!

One had JUST caused problems, I'm fine, now. So is my Laptop, Hopefully, They suck. I will ONLY trust Norton, and that is it.
But, anyway, yeah, Vampires are cool. I honestly thought (this is still debatable) That Sims 3 looked COOLER, I hadn't played them, at all. Just Sims 4's, They seem, cooler, tho. Sims 2, is cool, too. One person even made a Ghoul Mod, making your Sims into Ghouls, All you needed was a Vampire, or A Zombie. Let it byte Them, and they are a Servant, A Ghoul. Which is cool. And shows they have modding Flexibility, I like that. Now, it's Simpler, You can just create a Trait, Like the Sims 3, Except Trait creating is Simpler and Easier, it is possible, I saw a trait created by modder, that was really willing to help me create my own, modding seems to get Simpler, (at least in traits) As the Games Come out, (Not A Lot) Traits are easier to Make, Based on what you want to do with them. :/