Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 9:51 PM
Default Skill Relativity
I've got mine set to Intervals. For example, M-F from 9-12 time moves a little faster (to get through work quicker) but from 12-8 time is a little slower. You can set it up however you like and have multiple settings without going into it and doing anything. This requires some initial setup and it'd be advisable to read the readme on the site to better understand it but isn't difficult by any means (ie. it's not Dwarf Fortress).

Regarding skills, make sure that you have no Relative Skills set to True and ensure all the skill settings are still set to 1. If you make time slower and Relative Skills True then your skills are going to be slower too. If it's disabled then skilling should be normal and, technically, quicker if on a higher speed. My question is, how do the Motive Delta dynamics work?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 4:39 AM
I have the whole day set to 20% slower. I had the problem in my game that I felt I was running through the day, too much to do, too little time. But with 20% it seems that the speed of the day is perfect. It's long enough that I no longer have this rushed feeling, but not too long that I would get the feeling of the day dragging by.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 4:55 AM Last edited by brillo_pad : 14th Feb 2012 at 5:16 AM.
Ok, I also don't understand the relativity of this mod..

Energy by default is set to False. Does this mean that during slow periods of time Energy decays slowly, or, does it mean that it decays at the same rate as it would on a faster setting?
All the other motives are set to True.. does this mean that sims are going to want to go to the loo or eat 4 times as much as on a day at 1/4 normal speed?

Since installing this mod, sims at work lose fun really fast.. I too set my work hours to be faster than the rest of the day, but quite a few sims are in the office before the faster time sets in - 8.30am or so.

Perhaps someone could tell me the settings I'd need to have to make the decay of motives and the gain of skills actually relative to the speed of the day. So, energy decays slower on a slow day, skills are gained quicker only if the time is running faster than normal..

EDIT:

"If you make time slower and Relative Skills True then your skills are going to be slower too" - This is why I don't understand why Energy is set to false... idk, I'll set it to true and see what happens.. I want everything relative really..

Go suck an elf...
Mad Poster
#29 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 5:53 AM
I always set my energy to true. I think it helps, because if my memory is correct, they need a lot of power naps when it is set to false. (At least, that is what it seemed at my speed.) Plus, I use a mod that increases energy when drinking coffee. With my current settings...speed 19, Energy True...I can get them through the day with one coffee break.
Instructor
#30 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 7:09 PM
Just so you guys know, Twallan and his community are pretty amazing and helpful. Techinically, you should ask for help with his mods on his site. Happy simming!

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Test Subject
#31 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 3:58 PM
I have it set to 20 by default, which is I guess a little more than half of regular time? I can't really get the hang of intervals so I just have it set at 20 so I don't have to fuss with it. I understand intervals in theory but in big households even during work/school hours I still have sims hanging out at home and trying to get other work done, so I don't want it to move faster, and although it moves a little slow while they're sleeping I just usually use it as an opportunity to check my email, lol.

I'm not opposed to setting it as low as 1 if I need to get something done. I've done that twice: once during a party that I wanted to go on for a really long time and once when my architectural design sim was going to be off the clock in an hour and the client was taking forever to come back and evaluate the renovation, lol.
Test Subject
#32 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 6:09 AM
Hello. Does this still work?
I tried installing it, but it removed all my store contents and custom contents.\
Please help me to get this to work. Thank you
Alchemist
#33 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zef05
I tried installing it, but it removed all my store contents and custom contents.\

It still works, and it's not supposed to be responsible for your missing contents. Try getting a help in the site (Nraas Industries) instead of necroing an old thread.

Just call me Nikel
Eminence Grise
#34 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zef05

As mentioned, get help at NRaas for the Relativity mod. (Note: make sure you have the latest version AND your game is patched to the current patch level before installing, as with all script mods.)

As for your issue with the rest of your CC, that could not have been caused by Relativity. Try the FAQs in the Help menu to resolve that problem, and if all else fails you can try the Help Q+A forum.
Test Subject
#35 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 2:06 PM
I can't figure out the intervals. I have one set to the EA default from midnight to 5am but it doesn't work. Is there another step other than just setting the interval. Do I need to enable it somehow?
Page 2 of 2