Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 4:11 PM
Default Sim Installation
Okay.

Down to the blunt point.

I'm having a huge amount of difficulty installing downloadable sims using the Installer.

A lot of site's sy its extremely helpful to use when the error saying this content requires... an expansion pack . Yet, i cannot figure out how to install sims using this installer.

Although this is probably me being an idiot, please could someone offer help as soon as possible.
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 7:26 PM
What exactly is the problem? When you download (and un-rar) the file, an icon should appear. Double click that and cleaninstaller should pop up and walk you through the steps. If the cleaninstaller icon does not show (light blue round icon) for the sims2pack, right click the sims2pack and use the open with>clean installer. You can set the options to 'always open this type of file' with the clean installer.

This page on our Download FAQ has instructions on how to install a sims2pack. Note the icon on the left..that is the cleaninstaller icon.
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...acking_Idiots_7

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.