Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 11:45 AM Last edited by Charity : 11th Nov 2014 at 11:01 AM.
Default Turning off fx
I've cloned the water wiggler and I still want the animations from it, but not the water spray going everywhere fx. Is there a way to remove the fx and just have the animations?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 12:32 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Look in the STR, there should be an entry rof Effects. Don't delete it, just place other text. I usually put [Removed].

Thanks! I did delete that before and borked it, so I thought it must have been the wrong thing.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 11:35 AM
Okay, I deleted that and another fx one I found and it got rid of some of the water spray, but not all of it. Is there anywhere else I can look to get rid of the spray that shoots out of the main body of the wiggler?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 3:21 PM
Just throwing this out there...but another place effects can be called is through animations: like when a Sim gets shocked or belches. In which case, you would need to import the object animations to make them private to your object. In the "Raw View" tab of the "Content" block of the ANIM resource(s). you would see the name of the effect in some of the lines. For example, in a-belch-medium-sitting_anim, you would see a line with "effectName=belch
boneName=mouth_grip
op=softStart
preroll=
comment="
Simply removing the effect name of "belch" or changing it something nonsensical (e.g. "belch123") should work. For future reference, should you want it to play another effect instead, you can simply change it to another effect...should you want to it to shoot fire instead of water.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 1:05 PM
I've got the animation resource and the animation, but I cannot find the 'raw view' tab. Pictured is what shows up for me.
Screenshots
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#7 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 2:33 AM
You need to have SimPE in Advanced Mode.

Go to "Extra" then "Preferences" to open the Preferences window.
Click "SimPE Settings" and check the "Advanced Mode" checkbox. Click "ok" and then close SimPE. Reopen the file.

When you select the anim resource and the "Content" block, you should see a little "Raw View" tab next to the "cAnimResourceConst" and "Misc." tabs.
Screenshots

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 11:00 AM
Thanks! That got rid of all the fx.