Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 1:23 AM Last edited by annallamma : 8th Apr 2014 at 3:41 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night
One of my Sims won't age
I have Loft Stuff and Late Night installed. Everything is up to date. Very little CC, and I tried running it without CC and it didn't help.

My child sim won't age. She doesn't have any CC, and she's been "0 days until aging" for about 4 days now. So she's been a child for 11 days. I've tried multiple birthday cakes, the age sim cheat, even the mod that's supposed to be able to force them to age. I've done the ResetSim cheat several times to no avail. I've restarted the game about 5 times today.

Aging is enabled. She has two younger brothers and one of them just had a birthday, and he aged with no problem at all. None of my other Sims have this problem. And now she won't even go to school (I'll click 'go to school' and the icon immediately goes away) or anywhere other than home (same thing).

Another, possibly related problem: Whenever I try to go into CAS to edit her (plan outfit), the CAS never loads. It just gets stuck at the loading screen forever. The music still plays, I can still move the cursor, but the game is basically frozen and I have to force quit through activity monitor (I'm on a Mac). I've done the "plan outfit" on other sims in that household and it loads with no problem. This is not CC related as it did the same thing after I disabled CC.

This family froze my game for the first time ever yesterday, so is it possible the game got corrupted somehow? I don't understand how it would affect only one of my sims though. It's like she's stuck in time.

Edit: I've done extensive research on this and some have suggested to edit sim in CAS to manually change their age. I tried this and it crashed my game.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 6:35 PM
Are you using any of NRaas Mods? I would suggest using the ResetSim and/or AgeTransition with MasterController - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController, and would also suggest using Overwatch - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch to try not only to correct this one, but to help prevent this in the future as well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mikey
Are you using any of NRaas Mods? I would suggest using the ResetSim and/or AgeTransition with MasterController - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController, and would also suggest using Overwatch - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch to try not only to correct this one, but to help prevent this in the future as well.

Thank you for your response! Yes I was using the MasterController. I tried ResetSim and Trigger age transition. All that would happen was everyone would gather around the sim, you'd hear the noisemakers, etc, and the notification "It's ---'s birthday!" would come up. Then she would just do something else (do homework, play with toy, etc) and I wouldn't be able to select the cake again.

Also, this is now happening with another sim on a completely different save file. This time it's a toddler made in CAS. Another female. No CC.

I haven't heard of Overwatch. I'll check it out.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 9:37 AM Last edited by asyouwish : 14th Apr 2014 at 10:10 AM.
Okay, this sounds exactly like the problem I've been having! (I have more mods & cc than you but I tried taking them out and it was still broken) Did you try clearing your cache? I'm /pretty/ sure it fixed it for me (just reopened my game and the sim aged up successfully this time) but I feel like an idiot for not thinking of it sooner.

EDIT: Nope, never mind. Still broken. :\
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by asyouwish
Okay, this sounds exactly like the problem I've been having! (I have more mods & cc than you but I tried taking them out and it was still broken) Did you try clearing your cache? I'm /pretty/ sure it fixed it for me (just reopened my game and the sim aged up successfully this time) but I feel like an idiot for not thinking of it sooner.

EDIT: Nope, never mind. Still broken. :\

So sorry you're having problems too! Yes, I tried clearing cache. I searched the internet up and down and came across the same bits of advice: clear cache, re-install game, move house, use the cheat, mods. I've done all of these and I'm probably forgetting something but I'm sure I've tried it. I don't even care if I have to lose some or all of my saved data, I just want to play the game!
Scholar
#6 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 2:33 AM
If you have Overwatch, I would try manually running the 'Reset Check' command, as that one specifically targets sims who aren't aging properly (click on the town hall, then NRaas --> Overwatch --> Immediate --> Reset Check).

If it hangs up on CAS for just that sim, one or more of their outfits might be busted, for which you can try using Overwatch's 'Clean Up Outfits' option in the same way as Reset Check above. You could also use MasterController's 'Copy Clothing' to get the outfits from another sim of the same age and gender that (hopefully) aren't broken either.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
If you have Overwatch, I would try manually running the 'Reset Check' command, as that one specifically targets sims who aren't aging properly (click on the town hall, then NRaas --> Overwatch --> Immediate --> Reset Check).

If it hangs up on CAS for just that sim, one or more of their outfits might be busted, for which you can try using Overwatch's 'Clean Up Outfits' option in the same way as Reset Check above. You could also use MasterController's 'Copy Clothing' to get the outfits from another sim of the same age and gender that (hopefully) aren't broken either.

I tried that, and it listed a couple of random townie sims, not the ones I'm having problem with. Clean up Outfits didn't work either. However, I tried starting a completely new game file (by naming my The Sims 3 folder something else, and generating the new one), and none of my issues were there. So could it be something corrupted my other save (where I first noticed the problem), and then infected my subsequent saved games? I don't know a lot about how video games work so I'm not sure if that's plausible.

If I have to completely start anew I'm okay with that, I just want to know how to prevent the problem from arising again. Because it's definitely not a coincidence that two separate children (one toddler, one child) in two different save files had the same problem one after another.
Scholar
#8 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 7:22 AM Last edited by mikey : 21st Apr 2014 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4368629, 4368773
Have you tried evicting the family, then putting them back on their lot?

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP