Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 6:30 PM
Can not find or understand specific Cc
I have found when downloading Cc from the sims 3 website there are items that I do not need or want or cause problems in my game.
These object are not all available to uninstall from the sim launcher so I can not find them to delete them and find the files confusing, I know my dcbackup folder is full of package files which I assume come from my downloads but these are only backups?
So I eventually decided to delete them all and reinstall, I used the delphy custard thing to delete red files from one sims3pack, which left me with one file then installed this new sims3pack.
When i opened the sim in cas, there were a pair of shorts I didn't like..how do I delete these? If there is one package file how do I open this to then delete the shorts I don't want? I opened this one file in S3PE but there was a lot in it, and I have no idea what is what.
What is the best way to organise files from the sims 3 website? I have read all the tutorials on MTS but it seems to be about downloading them from mtd not the official website.
Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 5:33 AM
Quote:
I have found when downloading Cc from the sims 3 website there are items that I do not need or want or cause problems in my game.
These object are not all available to uninstall from the sim launcher so I can not find them to delete them and find the files confusing, I know my dcbackup folder is full of package files which I assume come from my downloads but these are only backups?

User Files explanation can be found here Game Help:TS3 User Folders Explainedwiki and at Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog or at Nraas Industries

Quote:
So I eventually decided to delete them all and reinstall, I used the delphy custard thing to delete red files from one sims3pack, which left me with one file then installed this new sims3pack.
When i opened the sim in cas, there were a pair of shorts I didn't like..how do I delete these? If there is one package file how do I open this to then delete the shorts I don't want? I opened this one file in S3PE but there was a lot in it, and I have no idea what is what.
If you want to continue to download from the exchange, then you had better bookmark this site, this site, and this thread

Quote:
What is the best way to organise files from the sims 3 website?

The best organization is not to download from the exchange. If you insist on doing so anyway, be prepared to do alot of searching, organizing, deleting, etc. It's not easy or simple and its extremely time consuming. Some organizing tips can be found here Game Help:TS3 Organizing Custom Contentwiki and Game Help:TS3 Pre-Organizing Custom Content With Google Readerwiki, alot of people use CC Magic and you can also find more info at Carls Sims 3 Guide

Quote:
I have read all the tutorials on MTS but it seems to be about downloading them from mtd not the official website.

Considering this is MTS it would tend to make sense that the guides here would pertain to downloading from MTS. We do not provide support for downloading at The Sims 3 site or any other, for that matter. I mean, would you call your plumber to ask why your furnace isnt working?