Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 2:55 PM
Default Monitor switches off after some time
Hello everybody,

I have been playing the game for several years and this is by far the weirdest problem I've had. Out of the blue my monitor started to switch off while playing The Sims 3. I have no idea what causes the problem since it first happened after playing for several hours and not doing anything differently. Since then it happens regularly after a few minutes of playing.

Has anyone experienced this? Do you have any idea how to solve the issue?

Thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 1:14 AM
Laptop or stationary? this sounds like a computer problem, not a sims problem.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 1:49 AM
Actually, this can be related to the graphics card not being up to playing the game. So it's fine here.

Post your computer specs, please. It'll help. I take it this doesn't happen if/when playing any other game? Just the Sims 3?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 8:52 AM
It's a desktop PC and it only happened during Sims 3, all other games were fine. Even CoD, which is much more demanding on hardware.

But I found a way how to solve it, at least for now. This is it: http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-...sims-3-crashing

I hope it's gonna work for a long time. Either way, it was a very weird problem since my PC seems to be working properly.

Anyway, thanks for your effort!