Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 6:46 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Removing the The Sims 3 folder or re-installation
I have some glitchs and i want to re-install the game but than i realize that i can't found some Discs and it's going to took me 2 hours for uninstalling and installing one by one so wan't to know will the same effect is going to happen if i remove the sims 3 folder instead of re-installing (is that make any sense)
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 6:54 PM
If you remove the Sims 3 folder in Documents, then your saves, CC etc. will all be gone and it will be as if you just installed the game.

If you remove the Sims 3 folder in Program Files, then your game will stop working and you'll have to reinstall it.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
If you remove the Sims 3 folder in Documents, then your saves, CC etc. will all be gone and it will be as if you just installed the game.

If you remove the Sims 3 folder in Program Files, then your game will stop working and you'll have to reinstall it.

in documents and i have backup of everything so i can back my saves i guess
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 7:15 PM
Worth a try and it's quick and easy to do, and something we recommend as one of the basic troubleshooting "oops my game is busted" things here: Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki

It will reset your user files to as if the game were newly installed... but that's just because it creates a fresh set of user files. It will -seem- as if the game is freshly installed, but if the actual problem is somehow in your Program Files stuff (which it truly is unlikely to be, unless you've been mucking about with things you shouldn't have), then you would still have to do a full reinstall.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.