Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#76 Old 20th May 2009 at 1:45 PM
Thanks Delphy. I do think I have found it is working as it is supposed to. The social groups overlap because I joined those social groups, I guess similar to the subscribed thread. I didn't realize it because the users are adding threads not-related (IMO) to the original group. Example Meshers United. Sorry, but I just don't care about the animal name game and Star Trek reviews. I will just unjoin the social groups since it's delved off subject.

But the feature is nifty.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#77 Old 20th May 2009 at 2:02 PM
HL, I had the exact same problem with social groups -- I think I solved it by unsubscribing the forum, and subscribing only to the particular threads I'm interested in. You could try that =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#78 Old 20th May 2009 at 4:37 PM
That trick doesn't work if it's a private group though.

You can, however, unsubscribe from the Social Groups forum in one view and then subscribe to it in another (as opposed to only having it subscribed in one). That should fix it.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#79 Old 20th May 2009 at 5:04 PM
Alchemist
#80 Old 20th May 2009 at 5:41 PM
At S2C I used to click New Posts and it gave me a list of everything that happened while I was gone. I would go through the list and open all the threads I was interested in in new tabs. They were all listed by the forum title in which the posts were in, like all the threads in "Introductions" would be first, and further in the list, all the Sims 3 talk, etc. Is there a way to make it behave like that again? This time when I clicked it it was 34 pages of things, most of it old, and many pages had three or five topics on them. No idea why. And it was not organized like it was at S2C.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#81 Old 20th May 2009 at 6:21 PM
coltraz: I have no idea what you are talking about with "old topics" and "3 to five topics on each". Even when viewing as a guest, I see 34 pages in every forum, and all of them new. For example, I see the latest posts in Site Issues, etc, since they have been replied to latest.

There is no way to order them by forum (and, indeed, I don't ever remember it doing that...), it's ordered by when the last post is done.

You can use the subscription views to change which forums you view and add a subscription view for each type too (so you could have one for social forums, another for modding, etc).

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Site Helper
#82 Old 20th May 2009 at 6:44 PM
I plead even more ignorance. And a bit of embarrassment for having to ask.

I would be willing to try the subscription group view, but I can't find "New Posts?" (or a site map)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#83 Old 20th May 2009 at 6:46 PM
Under the Site Links menu on the navbar.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Site Helper
#84 Old 20th May 2009 at 6:51 PM
Thanks. Now I have a reason to subscribe to threads again. It may not e-mail anything to me properly, but it will be easier to find them here.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#85 Old 20th May 2009 at 6:52 PM
Going straight to User Control Panel under User Tools will show you a list of your subscribed threads, with any new posts.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Site Helper
#86 Old 20th May 2009 at 7:16 PM Last edited by sidneydoj : 20th May 2009 at 7:46 PM.
Thank you to everybody.

Delphy, I've been playing with the subscription groups view, and it is cool! (I just need to get my subscriptions set up better now.)

Lunie, do you have to subscribe to the group to join it?

Edit: I spoke too soon. I made a view for social stuff and a view for modding stuff along with the default. The "New Posts" shows tabs for all 3, but the "social stuff" tab isn't working properly. I keep getting the minor problem with the database. Please click refresh to continue. error.
Not actually evil.
#87 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:17 PM
These latest changes have made my pages more organized, I approve. I especially like the changes made to the journal, and the addition of the articles tab. Not sure the achievements are very useful, but they are *super* cute, so nice job HP!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Page 4 of 4