Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 10:15 AM
Default Creating New Walls and Floors?
I've noticed how people create new walls and floor without creating a pattern. It's a new wall or floor that is found in the wall or floor catalog. Now I'm able to create a default replacement wall or floor, but I need to know how exactly to create a non default wall or floor. If anyone can help me out, or knows where I could I find a great tutorial, I would be much appreciative!

~Jon
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2009 at 1:40 PM
l'd like to know more about it aswell. All I know is you can clone a wall/floor pattern in S3OC and replace the texture in s3pe, and I believe that's how others did it.
What bugs me about this procedure though is that you then get the "new" wall/floor in the same number of styles as the wall/floor it is cloned from and I don't know if and how you can change that.
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Oct 2009 at 6:07 AM
I've been trying to figure this out myself.I'd like to make some walls for the game that i've seen in real life.I have the textures all ready but not sure how to get them into the game as a non-default.humm Maybe it's a secret that no one wants the rest of us to know?
Inventor
#4 Old 28th Oct 2009 at 3:12 PM
joninmobile and Shadowed, you can clone a wall/floor with s3oc, and edit the
package with s3pe, like Shady Lane did.

As for the question about default replacing, you can find this information in s3oc, in the menu "Help-Contents-Cloning Options" :

Renumber/rename internally

This is the very important part of making your object unique. If you untick this,
your clone will be an override of the original.
--------------------

Shady Lane, in this thread in the meshing forum is explained how to replace the
default pictures/textures of a painting:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=375638

I've never made a new wall, but I hope this information can help you further.
Screenshots
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Oct 2009 at 10:58 PM
Thank you so much CoCo, that really helped emensley. I was able to make a new floor. Wasn't able to do a new wall, but I was able to make a new floor.