Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 9:01 AM
Default "Fake" Recolours (how to get rid of)
From time to time I suffer from fake recolours that I believe is connected with custom objects. Example, ATS has a sunny living set that give not very pretty colours on the zecutime sofa and loveseat. There are others as well, very often that expensive vase, the fruitbowl. However if I delete those "recolours" the custom items will flash blue! Is there any possible (and easy?) way to get rid of those without breaking the custom object?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 2:29 PM
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 4:09 PM
I actually never deleted the zecutime-fake recolours ( I did that with a "fruitbowl-fake" once, and avoided that option ever since) but they are not pretty, probably from the loveseat, but could be any of the stripey items I guess.
http://sims2.aroundthesims3.com/obj.../004/index.html
Just checked this, colours end up on the 3-seater. Delete them (ingame) and the ATS loveseat break.

Is it an easy fix if it is as you suspect?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#4 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 5:14 AM
In the loveseat mesh package you want to delete the MMATs with instance numbers 5000 and 5001 (each has the GUID of 0xFB94682F which is the original sofas GUID). And in the loveseat recolor package you want to delete the MMATs with instance numbers of 6000 and 6002 (each has the GUID of 0xFB94682F).

In the hammock mesh package delete the MMATs with instance numbers 5000 and 5001 (each has the GUID of 0xFB94682F). And in the hammock recolor package delete the MMATs with instance numbers of 6000 and 6002 (each has the GUID of 0xFB94682F).

This should fix up the issues with those packages. Some packages may have too many MMATs like this with incorrect GUIDs, and some may just need the MMATs updated. You just have to look at individual packages to determine the issue.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 7:13 AM
Thank you, those steps have been followed!

Now! If I understand you correct:
A. FakeRecolours are always from MMAT?
B. Anything with GUID shared with original can be deleted?

C. Question: "MMAT updated" is what?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#6 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 2:14 PM
Shared GUID does cause those "fake" recolors. But you cannot always delete the MMATs with the original GUID. In this case there were duplicate MMATs, but sometimes you will just need to update the existing MMATs with the GUID from the package. There is one MMAT per recolorable subset, or one for each recolor in a package if the object has multiple recolors in it. Most custom objects don't have additional recolors packaged in it.

If a package has the correct number of MMATs then you most likely just need to update the GUID.

Pictures of how to update the MMAT with correct GUID:

http://www.hugelunatic.com/making-o...ng-GUID-in-MMAT
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 6:48 PM
Thank you. The tutorial seems excellent for my visual learning brain. Now I just have to hunt down the source of the other fakes in my download folder. Boring.

However, I have happily used the tip for freetime options on bookcases I found at your page as well. I definately know where those are, and now I have "fully functioning" bookcases! Wonderful.