Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 8:53 PM
Default WCIF summer vacation & travel mods?
I'm looking for a mod that allows my sim kids and teens to not have school during summer. All I can find are the TS2 versions.
Also, I'd like to know if there's a mod that allows time to pass in the home world while you're on vacation? Preferably with aging, but if the home world only fast-forwards to the proper date on sims' return with no aging that's fine too.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 12:12 AM
Want and Want. :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 9:57 PM
Anybody?? God I might have to learn to mod and try this myself!
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 3:11 AM
Bump! Want summer vacation SOOOOO bad!!
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 2:24 AM
I know it's been bugging me for a long time!!!!!! Modders need to get a clue and begin making this mod :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 7:12 AM
I'd love a "no school during summer" mod!! I don't get why EA didnt just let the kids out; its not like the seasons are very long...
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 6:20 AM
Well I don't know about a Mod for summer vacation for the kiddos, but there is a way if you've got a few minutes. Go to edit your town, find the school which your children attend, and save it to you library. Once it's been saved, you can bulldoze it, and either leave it an empty lot or put some sort of park up in it's place, or any building really. After you've removed the school you can save your game and exit town edit. If you go to the tab where you would normally see your childs school schedule it will just say 'There are no schools available in your town' or something like that.

Whenever you decide it's time for your children to return to school, go back to town edit, find the school building in your library, bulldoze whatever you put there, and then place the copy of your school back where it was originally. Save your game, exit town edit, and viola! You children are back in school once more. The homework they had before will be moot, and unusable, but they will pick back up wherever they left off when you demolished the school.
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 12:23 AM
I think Nraas Tempest has something like this. It lets you make custom holidays. You can make your own custom holiday that lasts for the entire summer.

For example, just make Leisure Day last for the entire summer instead of just one day.
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 3:10 AM
Just in case anyone finds this thread hoping for an answer - there's a function in an NRaas mod, either story progression, master controller or tempest (I'm having some game issues and can't launch to find out) that allows you to disable school per season.
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 3:06 AM
The newest version of Nraas Story Progression has this option now, you're right.
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 4:03 PM
i heart "tempest" from nraas have a such option for sims 3.do you testing it?