Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 5:37 PM
Default How to reset Bluewater Village?!!!
I played a family in Pleasantview who bought some lots in bluewater village and started businesses. Now I want to reset everything. I moved the family out but I don't know how to get Bluewater Village as it was before. How to reset it. please?!!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 5:45 PM
There are ways to reset it, but it's not easy, and requires lots of SimPE work.

If you want a simple method instead, you either have to reset everything, or nothing, as borked/reset family and friend ties, memories, and a whole lot of other things between the main hood and the sub hood probably will cause major troubles with your game.

To reset the entire hood and its subhoods, the best thing is to use a backup from before you added Bluewater. If you don't have a backup, you can pull out the entire neighborhood folder for Pleasantview (N001) and run the game. The neighborhood will regenerate and reset to factory settings. You can use the folder you pulled out as a backup.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 5:46 PM
I'm not exactly the expert so can you detail me more on what exactly to do please? And I don't have a backup. And is there any way to save my save games? I can move my family to a different neighbourhood and save them there, reset Pleasantview and then put them back, but will it work?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 6:14 PM
That will only cause more corruption.

How to reset neighborhoods: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...t_Neighborhoods
(but instead of deleting the folder, you can move it out, and place it somewhere else on your computer - it will serve as a backup)

How to make a backup: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._The_Hard_Drive

How to extract sims so you can make a new family in a new neighborhood: http://pixel-trade.livejournal.com/16091.html
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 6:18 PM
No. Moving a family to another neighborhood breaks both neighborhoods.

You will need a third-party product called SimPE, which will allow you to copy the appearances of your family members and make note of all their characteristics. You can then reset Pleasantview, reattach Bluewater Village, and recreate your characters in CAS. SimPE will also allow you to edit those sims to simulate any experience or relationships you wish to keep that can't be controlled in CAS. If you wish to do this, tutorials exist on this site to walk you through these processes. It is pretty involved, so think about why you want to reset, and what options might be available that would be equally satisfactory, without such a steep learning curve. If you really want to do it, we can help you locate the tutorials.

In future, make sure you make backups of your neighborhoods before making any major changes; then you can always revert. Backing up simply involves making a copy of the neighborhood folder (N001 for Pleasantview; once Bluewater Village is attached, N001 will also contain that copy of Bluewater Village) which you can store somewhere else, such as on an external hard drive. You will be delighted you did this when your computer crashes (as all computers inevitably do in time).

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 12:23 PM
Your ways seemed complicate so I just moved them with their house in the houses bin , went to Strangetown, placed them there, reset Pleasantview and returned them and everything was fine. But thanks for your help.
Scholar
#7 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 12:30 PM
Congratulations you just borked two hoods...the help that Peni & Simmer22 offered may seem complicated but that was the safest way to accomplish what you wanted. Your method condemned your hoods to a slow torturous death (if you're lucky). Just because "it seemed fine" doesn't mean it is.
Scholar
#8 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 12:56 PM
I'm quite a newbie to all these things that are not in the booklet (I just decided to give another try to TS2 and install it again after not playing it for quite a long time) so I keep reading all the support threads hoping to learn more (it's all so interesting!) and I must say I don't get at all users who come asking for help to others with more expertise, and then do exactly what they're told not to!
That's like going to the doctor and thinking "he told me not to eat more doughnuts, I should eat half a dozen asap!"
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
I don't get at all users who come asking for help to others with more expertise, and then do exactly what they're told not to!
That's like going to the doctor and thinking "he told me not to eat more doughnuts, I should eat half a dozen asap!"
Agreed!

But, on the other hand, it is a great pity that EA/Maxis made it so easy to do things the wrong way! I can believe they didn't know when TS2 was first released, but surely they must have learned and could have done something about it later. If it was too hard to fix the bugs, they could have removed the buttons (delete Sim, move occupied lot, etc.) or, at the very least, put in strong warnings of the damage you were about to do. The manual for my late-released Double Deluxe (2009) still tells me to do all these Very Bad Things.