Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 6:28 PM
Inge has a set of signs you can use to set dress codes, too. I frequently use the formal one when I'm teleporting sims in for weddings.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 11:03 AM
I have never ruined anything...oh wait I did! I remember i made Beckhams family (yeah i know lol) and i made some kind of daycare/place for kids.I made it because Beckhams has alot(4 i think) of children.
Test Subject
#28 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fluorescentadolescent
I always forget how much fun I have running a business until I do it again. I've done restaurants (which I find exceedingly difficult), furniture stores, fresh markets (particularly fun), and right now I'm starting my -- surprisingly -- first flower shop, run by Coral & Herb.

I think my favorite thing about it is that you can get quite creative, and you can offer items that are normally specific to certain sims -- i.e., my well-seasoned farmer selling mouthwatering produce. What sorts of businesses do you like to run? Do you prefer home or community lots?

I love running beauty salons. Finally, a chance to easily makeover all of those ugly townies.
Link Ninja
#29 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 4:32 PM
I just started a strip club as a business and It's very entertaining to run. It's interesting who will come in to watch or get a lap dance.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#30 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 3:14 PM
I rarely run a business. I love crafting very, very much, but not the selling-aspect. My sims either work at home and sell their stuff right off the workbench to some imaginary wholesale distributor or they work in factorys. Factorys are community lots with crafting benches, cantinas and restrooms.

So far I had only a few sims-owned businesses:
Costume Rental - to supply my sims with cheap clothes. I decorated it, hired and dressed staff, lowered the prices and then sold it back to the community.
Everything for your baby - I donĀ“t remember what I called it, but the shop sold cribs and toys mosty.
Beach club - A hangout on a beach lot with swimming pool, wellness area and so on.
Slave Market - It sold statues and pet collars. With the right CC and mods it might have worked much better.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 5:57 PM
I like having a beauty parlor to put some makeup on those hateful townies, plus it's a fairly easy one to manage and perfect for a certain kind of sim: artistic but not college educated, married woman who is very sociable. For a low effort moneymaker, an auto lot works pretty well and it's good for storytelling on a large scale, the kind of personality that owns or works at a car sales outlet is definitely a type. Like Jerry Lundegaard in Fargo. One of my town's pivotal moments happened to occur on a car sales lot at night when a vampire bit a popular exchange student, got shot, and his Urn was passed over to a sorceress who tried to resurrect him as a zombie...

I have never had a business that made tons of money, they are mostly more effort than they are worth. I have a rich Duke type who gave all his children businesses when they graduated from college, they are each more or less interested in them. I have some farm families living in a "shopping district" (wide open green spaces) who make most money by gardening but sell flowers and other gimcracks to tourists.

I was able to make a smallish, private residential brothel but never a viable strip club, probably lack of proper CC. But my township is too small to realistically support a strip club anyway. I don't envision my town as a truck stop on the interstate, but rather a cluster of middle class homes surrounding a few ducal mansions with an unmentionable trailer park on the edge of town.
#32 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 5:12 PM
I love running businesses, and decided it's time Springwater Station got some- the town is already on it's 3rd generation with no owned businesses! I've just been lazy with building after my previous neighborhood died. I love having businesses where Sims sell stuff they craft, make, harvest, catch (fishing), or bake. I know my one Sim Destiny Cerise has been wanting to buy a community lot for a while, and she loves to cook, so why not have a bakery? I'll call it Cerise Sweets. The one thing I hate about buying food in businesses is that you can't access a Sims inventory right then, so they can't eat it there. Which made me think of making it a restaurant so they can eat there and take things home. But how exactly do I go about making an owned restaurant? I get to choose what's on the menu right?- since I only want desserts. Is there a tutorial someone can link me to? I've googled it but only found stuff on making a general business. I'll check the gameplay guide, but if it says nothing I'll just build the shop for now and when I get to her house during the rotation I'll have her buy it and test it out. I can't believe how many features I still haven't used in this game.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 5:19 PM
Yesterday I made a diner for Strangetown.. it's actually quite hard to run! Jenny Smith used to run it, but she's just sold it and I think I'll either be making a new family for it or selling it to Erin Beaker.. decisions decisions.

I'd quite like to try a little corner shop, but I'm bad at building haha.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#34 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 7:32 PM
The world of Sims business I love having my Sims run Restaurant, Flower shops, and Pet shops. But at this point in my Sims businesses "They All Need To File For Bankrupt."

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Inventor
#35 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 6:31 AM
I like old secondhand electronic stores which sell rusty old heaters, refrigerators, television sets etc... I like small cluttered up businesses. :3
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 3:22 AM
I've been thinking of making a full-blown bank once my hood is rich enough to support it. Sort of an experiment, but here's the idea; I'll make a residential lot where only sims with maxed out Fortune lifetime aspiration rewards (Investment) will live. Households all over the neighborhood can deposit money (using Simwardrobe's checkbook) which will lead to a huge pile of cash on the bank household lot. Since there are so many fortune sims with investment on the lot, that money should increase automatically, then the bankers can pay out interest, keeping some of the money to send back to their own families on their own lots. They can give financial consultation too. It'll require keeping track of the deposits, which might be a bit of a headache, but well worth it for a totally new addition to my hood
Page 2 of 2