Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 3:16 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Missed the memo...how do I launch Sims 2 now?
I have not played the Sims in a very long time, breaks are good. Now I want to launch my game and I can't because there is no script for it...

Downloading new criteria would help, but my computer tells me there's a problem and Microsoft is working it out. So, I don't know if i'm missing something obvious or I missed the tip on what Sims 2 players have to do to play the game?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 7:17 AM
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "no script" and "new criteria". If it's launcher related , EA has been messing the launcher up on a fairly regular basis for about half a year now. I bypassed mine (launcher)back in August , but I've seen other , more recent , posts concerning it. Here is the first thread ( that I recall) about launcher problems , with some alternatives/solutions provided. http://www6.modthesims.info/showthr...5#startcomments

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 8:46 AM
well just before I saw your reply mookie, I played around and found the easiest way to do all of this. Sadly, I noticed my game would work when I played in the hands of a company. You see I once used origin awhile back, before sims 3. They lost me then when I was unaware that the innocent Sims 2 Store had shut down, without any notice. Unless, I went on the Sims 2 site and looked at a sticky that gave a date when they were closing up shop. Again, I must of signed a no spam clause or at the official site they never sent a memo to catch my attention properly.

Anyhoo, I have just learned how to launch Sims 2 Now. It was to sign up through Origin and again i forgot some info and started a new account...I thought my question was not answerable, so I thought this was my only possibility to play a 12 year old game...and sadly my UserName has been taken already twice actually..I believe I am the owner of both SW or TSW accounts but I digress.

Once I signed up, my game started good as new...

Yeah, I'm not getting Sims 4...EA has ruined an awesome game on so many levels and if anyone buys Sims 4, I wish you much luck or patience while people figure out a way to play their game that they bought legally in private.

My hope one day is to see a gaming company out there that actually sees what many of us see what the Sims was. Buy out EA and create a win win situation. An open game, that will appeal to most Sims fans to come back and give our money to them. In exchange for our money. we also get people that will fix games as soon as there is a problem..seeing this company wouldn't need to market a 1000 games to make a profit. The Sims is a cash cow on it's own, as long as quality and not screwing with a built in fan base, that would have been passed down the game like Monopoly- when was that made 1930's?? Anyways EA has thrown away a sure thing, for what? To keep up with the current trend at the moment.
Inventor
#4 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 6:03 PM
Glad you got your game working again. Ya , I feel EA's combination of ineptitude , greed and apathetic customer service can't be sustained indefinitely. At least , I sure as hell hope not.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974