Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 6:19 PM Last edited by sleepyrose : 19th Aug 2010 at 7:26 PM.
Default The testing of Porto Corrado
This thread is set up for testing our world in-game.

This is for members only

For the first phase the most important thing is to see if the lots are working the way they're supossed to. When you make a copy of the world, you can move the completed sims into their houses. Post whatever gliches, route-fail, ect. you find. Pictures might be helpful.
(If you use mods that prevent stuff like route-fail, you might want to disable them before testing)

Have fun!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 7:29 PM
first problem: sims can go virtually anywhere haha!!

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 7:31 PM
You didnt send them off the map, did you, lol!
Wiki Wizard
#4 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 9:32 PM
Is there an updated version of the map that includes the new lot placements we were planning in the empty parts of the map?

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Scholar
#5 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 9:46 PM
no, kiwi has not had time,

Call me Tyu. (:
Wiki Wizard
#6 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 10:32 PM
ooh ok, i wasn't sure if someone else had edited the map, speaking of which, can anyone use CAW?

Scholar
#7 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 11:47 PM
Wow, two great minds think alike DD, check your inbox. (: ahah.

Call me Tyu. (:
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 7:57 AM
DD, I can't even get our world to open in caw, let alone edit it. Do you know how to use it and perhaps add some lots?
I'm afraid to use the world editor in the game, because lots might end up being too big, or small.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 8:59 AM
well now my game has finally patched and sorted, it might mean that CAW works for me, I can have a go at it if i can actually get it working haha, what are we after in terms of extra lots? apart from the nectary of course xD

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 10:30 AM
Can you first see if you can actually get our world to open? I think that would already be a massive step forward, lol!
Wiki Wizard
#11 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 9:17 PM Last edited by Deluxe Designs : 20th Aug 2010 at 10:53 PM.
Well you probably can't get the world open in CAW because you need the .world file from kiwi I've contacted him to see if he's able to continue doing work, and if not then he'll send me the .world file and someone else can have a go at editing it

EDIT: Ok so i got an email back from Kiwi, basically due to heavy demands and bad timing, he is unable to continue progress on the map sadly, and on another less fortunate note he has just left the country for a week and wasn't able to upload the file in time for me before he went. However he said that when he comes back he will send over the .world file so we can continue to work on it

Scholar
#12 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 5:35 AM
Sounds good, i will work on it, i have kinda been playing with caw. (:

Call me Tyu. (:
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 12:03 PM
DD, here I was, thinking I was so clever, because I copied the .world file from the installed worlds to the caw worlds folder, lol! I thought there was a catch to it when it wouldn't open.
It's very good to hear that kiwi's going to send you the real file we need.
You know how to edit it, right? Because it's already kind of obvious that I'm not the right person for the job, lol!

Tyu, how are you doing with that? It might also come in very handy for future projects if you knew how to work with caw!
Scholar
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 12:33 AM
Well, its okay.(: im on my trip though, hah.

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 2:31 PM
CAW is really fun. I used to play with my own worlds before i foolishly patched the game it it all stopped working. though I've finally got the patch to work properly, I'm going to d/l it again and see if it works :D

Wiki Wizard
#16 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 5:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82j_YJ01Bac This is a really informative tut that Flabaliki did, it's great for learning CAW, and it comes in 2 parts

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 1:02 PM
DD, thanks... that will come in handy!

Have any of you checked out our sims in game yet? If you don't have the cc installed, I'm very curious how they look.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 2:05 PM
yeah i've put all the families in random houses to see how they look. Pretty good!! haha though twallans storymode mod makes them get married and move in with each other and random stuff
that strange woman with the glasses. vasquez? i think thats her name... yeah she had a homeelss man move in with her and now theyre married and have a kid haha xD

Wiki Wizard
#19 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 2:34 PM
lol i love it! :D

Scholar
#20 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 7:28 PM
wow, great story,(: but maybe we could put the chit chat in the social section? and keep this just for a list of errors/fixes?

Tyu.

Call me Tyu. (:
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 7:44 PM
Good idea, Tyu, but to what chit chat were you referring? If it was about the cc question I had, it might belong here. I'm just very curious if the sims end up looking weird without the cc.

Craig, with Twallans story mod you can set the immigration to 0. That way new sims won't move into the town. I first forgot about this and then everyone started making babies, lol!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 7:51 PM
Ahh goood!! well apart from that, and there not being lots where i want them i cant find anything wrong...yet

Scholar
#23 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 8:01 PM
im guessing we wont find to much wrong until we have all the buildings and people in it. thats when the most testing will need to be done.

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
#24 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 8:05 PM
OH there was something! I knew id remember! The town hall didnt have a building underneath it haha!!! so it was just a big random public building that could be hired for parties :P
luckily i have the rabbithole rugs (bless them!!) and just placed one in there :P

Scholar
#25 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 8:06 PM
oh, lana will have to fix that....im surprised she missed that....

Call me Tyu. (:

Page 1 of 2