Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#76 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
So, I see no reason for you to apologize for anything... <snip>

Hear hear, to the two paragraphs that start there, iCad! *applauds*

(I'm sorry - I have nothing to add to keep this strictly OT, but I needed to respond with more than a click to the agree button.)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@ >> Ella in wonderland >>Give me a break here Please ! Let children be children, why on earth would you want a child ( girl ) looking curvy? A child is a child and a thirteen year old is just that a "Teen" I do not think it is unrealistic for a child to look like a child the way Maxis have it in the game.

Sorry I may sound rude here, but you wanting a child to look curvy is a bit unrealistic to me. I can see a child being or getting fat as the game have it but "Not Curvy" And if truth be told yes you do make yourself look like what you said in your very own post above a pervert.

I do not care if anyone Agree or not Agree that is your call. But sometime people need to heard the honest truth. A child ( girl ) being Curvy what will be next ?

I had curves at 13. More than some girls in my school have now. And alot of girls I knew also had little curves at that time. My baby cousin is 10, we always tease her because she has two mosquito bites :p. Does that mean the "honest truth" is she doesn't look like child? Boobs don't make children look like adults. They look like children with boobs. To think that some curves will magically make a child look adult seems more pervy to me than realizing that alot of children do have them, because what normal adult would look at a preteen, at their young baby face, and think the kid looks like an adult just because they have curves? And to say it's unrealistic is just false. Some people like a little extra diversity and realism in their games. Though I don't really mind not having a preteen like stage, I certaintly don't think the OP is "pervy" for wanting it.
Test Subject
#78 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 1:29 PM
PEOPLE,
TO MAKE PRETEENS IN SISM 2,HACK THE CHILDREN TO ACT LIKE TEENS,GIVE THEM BIG BOOBED CLOTHES AND TEEN MAKEUP AND CUTE HAIRSTYLES AND YOU`RE READY! just type in google sims 2 hacked kids and find some videos.Some of them look like preteens
Mad Poster
#79 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cupcakescankill
PEOPLE,
TO MAKE PRETEENS IN SISM 2,HACK THE CHILDREN TO ACT LIKE TEENS,GIVE THEM BIG BOOBED CLOTHES AND TEEN MAKEUP AND CUTE HAIRSTYLES AND YOU`RE READY! just type in google sims 2 hacked kids and find some videos.Some of them look like preteens

Ok, I think you've gone too far with the 'GIVE THEM BIG BOOBED CLOTHES'. If that actually happened, I think all preteens would look like tortured children forced to participate in a beauty contest, with breast jobs. No, a preteen is still considered to be a child, but their body becomes somewhat more defined, males become a bit more muscular with some change in voice, females a bit more curvier with a change in voice too, but not to the extent of 'bodybuilders' or 'supermodels'.

IRL, this when usually the menstrual cycle form females start, and where males get an increase in their sex-drive (if that's what its called). Of curse, we can't have those in the game (unless with mods\) due to the fact it is a sensitive subject. Bear in mind that little children also play this game and I am sure their parents would not want them to learn about these things at such an early age.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#80 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
ALL that said, you know what would be really cool? It would be really cool if there could be a physical transition somewhere in the teen age range. Like, children would age up to a young teen body shape and then maybe at the end of the first week would "pop" into the older teen body shape currently used for the entire stretch of teenhood. Kind of like pregnancy pops. Girls would get curvier, boys would maybe get more muscular or something.

In theory, it'd be easy to add the necessary morphs to teen meshes, I think. I've gotten pretty good at adding pregnancy morphs to adult and teen meshes, myself. The snag would be programming the transition, which I have NO idea how to do, if it could be done at all. Maybe some programming could be hijacked from the programming that governs pregnancy pops, which is based on tokens, I believe, but I don't know. But it'd be cool! And maybe something similar could be done to make adult bodies look a little more middle-aged at some point in the adult life stage, too.

You'd link it to the days left counter - we know you can do that because Jase did it for Inteen. You could also perhaps use the height modifier. It'd be a big hack though and likely conflict with Inteen.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
#81 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 8:07 PM
I wish there were more life stages. Like in a Sims series I watch on Youtube, Alyssa's son Josh turned 5 so in that episode he was a child instead of a toddler now. He looked more like a 5th grader than a 5-year-old.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 11:18 PM
The stretchskeleton cheat is a bit nice. I tend to use it at about 0.8-9 on a toddler for 1 year, regular toddler for 2-3 years, 1.1 on toddler for 4 years, then 0.85 for child as 5-6 years, perhaps 0.9 for 7 years, regular child for 8-11, 1.1-1.15 on child for 11-12-13. I think the teens look more like 14/15-18/19 years old, so the 13-14 years is a bit shady whether I use a scaled-down teen or a scaled-up child.

For storytelling/pictures I also use some handy deco babies for newborn, and tend to use the infants for a more mobile age at around 5 to 12 months.

I do wish there was a pre-teen age (10-13 years) and an age between toddler and child (4-7 years), and perhaps an age between infant and toddler (around 1 year)
Scholar
#83 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
It'd be a big hack though and likely conflict with Inteen.

As if that is hard :P

Seriously, though, a big hack - anything involving new body shapes would require new clothes for the shape. The reason why I don't use Warlok's shapes - besides the fact that only the females are "shaped". Nothing half-way like this has ever appealed to me. Not to mention the reasons why it is half-way like that.

If clothes can be made to fit without actual re-meshing, this would not be as impractical, though. Those that made clothing would know - is it possible to use the same meshes for say a tween and a teen?

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#84 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
Those that made clothing would know - is it possible to use the same meshes for say a tween and a teen?

The necks (not to mention the animations) wouldn't line up if you took an Exchange tween mesh and stuck it on a teen's body. Too short as well. At least, that's what I think you're asking here. Ignore me if I'm wrong.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#85 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
Seriously, though, a big hack - anything involving new body shapes would require new clothes for the shape. The reason why I don't use Warlok's shapes - besides the fact that only the females are "shaped". Nothing half-way like this has ever appealed to me. Not to mention the reasons why it is half-way like that.

If clothes can be made to fit without actual re-meshing, this would not be as impractical, though. Those that made clothing would know - is it possible to use the same meshes for say a tween and a teen?

Well, that's why I mentioned the stretch skeleton cheat - you could get some of the 'growing' to work with that. Wouldn't require new meshes though your kids would start out a little dumpy and get more slender with age. It would depend how much you used it. At 50% height, the fat effect is very noticeable but at 85% much less so.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#86 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 6:26 AM
If the skeleton dimensions can be set in a BHAV, the hack could be made, and I believe it wouldn't even be that big. Well, depends on how many new groups you'd want.
But my -admittedly quick - search through Simantics variables (person data, object definition, etc.) didn't turn anything having to do with the body length/height.
Is there a cheat object containing the interaction to stretch skeleton?

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#87 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 9:56 AM
Tutorial-of-sorts: Stretching a Skeleton

In-game cheat is "StretchSkeleton [x]" where [x] is the value you want a sim to get. 1 is the default (which in the post I linked to they defaulted to 5'9" for young adults to elders).

To change a sim's height in SimPE, it needs to be done from within the character's file.
Mad Poster
#88 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Ok, I think you've gone too far with the 'GIVE THEM BIG BOOBED CLOTHES'. If that actually happened, I think all preteens would look like tortured children forced to participate in a beauty contest, with breast jobs. No, a preteen is still considered to be a child, but their body becomes somewhat more defined, males become a bit more muscular with some change in voice, females a bit more curvier with a change in voice too, but not to the extent of 'bodybuilders' or 'supermodels'.

IRL, this when usually the menstrual cycle form females start, and where males get an increase in their sex-drive (if that's what its called). Of curse, we can't have those in the game (unless with mods\) due to the fact it is a sensitive subject. Bear in mind that little children also play this game and I am sure their parents would not want them to learn about these things at such an early age.

Agreed with the big-boobed ... anything. Most preteen females do NOT have big boobs. No matter what you do to make a child look older, most normal, slightly looser-fitting clothes should be fine enough. My 12-year old daughter certainly didn't run around provocatively dressed! Stretchskeleton should do the trick if this age group is truly a concern, IMO.

Secondly ... there's a bit of a "squick" factor with hacking a child to act like a teen for me. OK ... a HUGE "squick' factor. The game still considers them children, right? Do they still act like children in-game? The thought of a child-teen trying to make out with an adult is really crossing the line for me. Or am I mistaken?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#89 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Secondly ... there's a bit of a "squick" factor with hacking a child to act like a teen for me. OK ... a HUGE "squick' factor. The game still considers them children, right? Do they still act like children in-game? The thought of a child-teen trying to make out with an adult is really crossing the line for me. Or am I mistaken?

If a pre-teen sim is a child sim with a different body mesh to make them look a bit older then they still act like children, yes. They wouldn't be hacked to act like a teen, that's pretty much the point, as I understand it - people want a life stage where children look more like pre-teens/younger teens but don't have access to teenage interactions like the romantic interactions, getting jobs, driving etc. So really it's "anti-squick" as they look like young teens but don't interact romantically etc, unlike Maxis teens.

In my game I consider teen sims to be aged 12 - 20, so I have a slight squick factor as some of the 12-year olds do interact romantically with older teens and adults. They're not humans though, they're sims, to it doesn't really bother me. A 12 year old human kissing a 20-something year old human - wrong. A 12 yearday old sim kissing a 20-something year old sim - I'm OK with that.
Test Subject
#90 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 8:53 PM
Default Body sliders
Well there are some body slider mods on MTS (sorry this is my first message I don't know how to send links yet) You just have to look for them. I know that there's a butt, hip, and waist mod, that allows you to further modify your sim's body. You should also find the arm size mod, which allows you to change the thickness of the child girl's arms. And if you want, you also find the height slider (Tall version) that allows you to make her taller if you want a more preteen look. I've tried them, they're pretty cool. Check em out.
Mad Poster
#91 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 9:16 PM
I do wish there were body sliders in TS2, but that was a TS3 thing the last time I checked... Reviving a topic just to put in some unusable info is quite pointless.

Preteens as an age would be awesome. First of all, it would make storytelling much easier. Having kids go from child to teen is very unrealistic, and feels wrong. I always struggle with it. Child sims look like they're anything between 5 and 11 years, but teens look so much older, and the youngest that feels right for teens is around 14-15.

I sometimes use stretchskeleton, and I try to choose clothes they would wear according to their age. Younger kids get childish patterns and cute hairstyles, and older kids get more fashionable clothes and hairstyles. It sort of gives an illusion of higher age, but they are still children. Besides, Stretchskeleton does weird things with their bodies, and animations don't look right. They get the stiff poses from stretched skeletons.

Preteens/tweens could be taller, a little more teen-looking, and just have a hint of curves that made them look a little less child-like. They could look like they were somewhere around 12-13 years. I'd be fine with them being able to get crushes on boys their age, and maybe an innocent peck on the cheek or mouth, and perhaps a dancing interaction for school balls or such, but no heavy making out or anything of the sort. Tweens are still children, so they would have to wait with the rest until they were teenagers (or adults). I wouldn't even mind if there were only child interactions and no romance interactions. It's just the large age gap between child and teen that bothers me.

While we're on it, I'd also like an age between toddler and child. Not completely necessary, but it would be nice for storytelling. And an age between newborn baby and toddler would have been nice, also (where they could learn to crawl, and be a little more playful, somewhere around 1 year old).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#92 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 10:28 PM
TundraCloth, must you dredge this tacky thread about boobed children back up to talk about sims 3 sliders?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#93 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 4:16 AM
Sorry Jo but after reading all 4 pages I'm adding my two cents

The jump from child to teen doesn't bother me, but I have to agree with the wish of a middle age between adult & elder. Plus I would even like to see an optional (based on green/yellow/platinum status) age after elder. I work in geriatrics, I think it would be interesting to have some of the elders who didn't age well to be more frail, ie: bed ridden, needing incontinent products, going into a nursing home etc. Although I recoginze that is a lot of modding & probably too realistic for most. Depending on which household I'm playing I do put in & remove one of Phae's mods from her Apox set that causes elders to become unselectable, pretending that they have an early stage of dementia. I have known a surprising number of elders in rl eho have lived beyond 100 birthdays (half of whom were still cognitive), I suppose I'll have to look up that mod that enables individual aging on/off. I love the idea of six generations knowing each other (if the elders have had a good healthy lifestyle)
Field Researcher
#94 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 6:02 AM
I've been desiring a preteen stage myself honestly - mesh and all. As it is now I act as if each day constitutes a year for my stories and each day is a day for my sims, with birthdays magically being important stepping stones when needed for game play. A preteen stage would satisfy me and my gaming style on some days, and frustrate with a side of thorough annoyance on others. But either way, it's nice to see I'm not the only one who wanted other life stages.

I also desired stages between baby and toddler, toddler and child, teen and adult (achieved with YA in university), and adult and elder.

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Test Subject
#95 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 8:24 PM
Can not someone make a Mod that allows girls from the teenager to the end of the adult age had their period in The Sims 3? And other things that have puberty to do!: D Pleace see if it is possible to create such a mod!!: D
Scholar
#96 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
Can not someone make a Mod that allows girls from the teenager to the end of the adult age had their period in The Sims 3? And other things that have puberty to do!: D Pleace see if it is possible to create such a mod!!: D

There is one; http://modthesims.info/d/177932
Scholar
#97 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 8:33 PM
I've always thought it would be a good idea to add a tween or pre-teen stage in-between child and teen. I mean, they added YA because you don't just go form a teen to a mature adult. Well, you don't go from being a kid to teen overnight either, so why not a tween stage?
Mad Poster
#98 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 8:44 PM
I've got no use for a middle age between adult and elder (some light wrinkles and perhaps some salt-and-pepper hair is all you need if you absolutely care, and we don't need yet another adult-ish stage (we already have YA, adult and elder, and that's more than enough). The YA stage in TS3 is not useful at all unless you choose to send them to the university (at least they skip the age in TS2 if you don't send them to Uni).

A tween age is very much needed, however. It just looks wrong to go from child to teen, particularly when doing storytelling. Children look like they're 6-11, while teens look like 15-19. The 11-14 age looks wrong no matter which one you choose. Kids change a lot the first 18 years, both in hight and bodyshape, and a tween stage would even things out.

I'm also for a middle stage between toddler and child. Toddlers work between 1-3 years, but I'd love to have a pre-school stage for between 4-6 years.

And also, there is a WCIF area for completely random WCIF questions...
Mad Poster
#99 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 11:02 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 15th Apr 2014 at 3:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
...I'm also for a middle stage between toddler and child. Toddlers work between 1-3 years, but I'd love to have a pre-school stage for between 4-6 years.

This is what I'd like. According to me, the only age missing. Most people complains about Elders, saying they are useless etc. EA focused on Adults....gave us Toddlers, as an improved version of Sims 1.

Although TundraCloth's post about Sims 3 sliders seemed to be completely unrelated to this thread, it is related, in some ways.
Those height sliders gives you the opportunity, to have smaller children & taller ones. The smallest you can go on child, makes it just a tad taller than a normal height Toddler, and the tallest you can go, makes the child look way older than a normal child aged Sim. Pretending "inbetween-age" stages is now possible. Yet, only possible for now, in the Sims 3.
This kind of gives hope for the sims 2 community. Maybe the same sliders would be doable.
Talking about height slider there, not boob ones. (little precision for some touchy members)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
#100 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 9:55 PM
I am pretty sure she just wanted someone to make a mod about it
Page 4 of 7