Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 9:58 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default All sims flashing pink...
Hi. Got a new notebook, tried installing Sims2 and all the expansions till Family Fun. Then added all my downloads file. They were never making any problem on the old notebook. But now I cannot play the game, all my Sims are just a kind of pink blinking cross, they move and interact, but there is nothing to see...
The only thing that changed between the old and new notebook (apart from the new one being more powerful) is the graphic card: the new one is an ATi Mobility Radeon 9000. Already downloaded all the lates updates but it is not working.
Tried removing all the downloads, but it does not work. Tried all the possible steps in the FaQ but nothing to do...any other thing I could do?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 6:07 PM
What I'd recommend is to try some different drivers- the newest aren't necessarily the best. I would advise to remove the old drivers too- this helped greatly with my own graphics card. Also, try cutting and pasting the My Documents/ EA Games/ The sims 2 folder to the desktop when you next run the game- sometimes the game works better if the config files are regenerated after driver updates (you can move any custom content/ savegames back in after). Some people find that reinstalling the game after upgrading drivers also helps a lot. Also, make sure that the card passes the DirectX tests.
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=146389