Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 12:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Animated Acessory Mesh
I saw a previous topic on this but it was a while ago and it didn't answer any of my questions. Is it possible to make an animated eyelash mesh for the Sims 2?
I saw that it was done for the Sims 3 then the Sims 4! So I'm wondering how was it done for 3 and 4 and can it not be done for 2? I'm also not talking about the eyelash that can be adjusted in body shop cause I guess nothing can be done for that. Thank you for reading.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 1:15 AM
TS3 bodymeshes use bones for face animations, so there you can make animated accessories as long as they can be linked to one of the joints.

TS2 use face morphs. To make animated eyelashes you'd have to add them to the face before morphing, because adding more polys to a mesh means the entire structure of the mesh changes, and old morphing wouldn't work. So no, it's not possible. You're stuck with either non-animated accessories, the morphable ingame eyelashes, or makeup eyelashes.

There's just one thing you can animate to a degree, and that's mouth accessories - using the vamp teeth. I think it was done with a tongue and maybe one or two other things. Not entirely sure about the jewlery, but I don't think there's a lot of animation or morphing going on there, and if so it's coded into the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 10:04 PM
Thanks that clears it up. :D