Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 8:00 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Corrupted Sims description... for everyone!
Yesterday I was veeery sleepy and just decided to change some skins of the babies of my sims in SimPe... you wanna know something? It worked fine in the 1rst, but then i've thought that i was the best doing that and went to do the same on others sims...amm... ah... yeh... .. then i went to sleep.
Today i load the game, fine, created another neighboorhood because reasons (it loaded just fine, no errors) , and then loaded my current game (the one that i've messed up) and CRASHHH!! in all my face. Well, I expected that, really. So im not upset or sad for that. I cheeked with HoodCheeker, and...

Wooah there!! btw, sorry for huge images... and all of the sims description are corrupted. ALL of them.
I've load again the game, without my CC and open another neighboorhood and all is fine. But it crash when I try to load the one corrupted. Three times.

---> I give up with trying to restore everything... I just want to save some lots (community lots, but not the ones owned by sims) but I fear that if I do that another neighboorhood could be corrupted. Can I do that?
Another question I have is if I should reinstall my game? or if my download folder is safe? *remember those nights with red eyes and a coffe machine at my side with fear and panic*

That's all. I would love if someone could answer those questions I have. Btw, Im not asking for help about the corrupt data. Ive used SimPE others times and known about the risks, so...
Sorry if you cant understand something, English isn't my native language.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 2:02 AM
wow ...well u can try what I call a "partial" reinstall --this is what I do when I move a hood from one user/computer to another or when I screw up something in a hood ...lol most times it works ,,,sometimes it doesn't.... but it sure beats starting over
1. go to Documents/Ea games/Sims 2 folder (or wherever your crashed hood is at)
2. delete "Config" folder, "Logs" folder and delete the "groups cache" and "Accesory cache" files
3.open your neighborhood file and delete "neighborhood manager"
4. Temporarily move these folders to your desktop or somewhere..."movies" and "music" "pet breeds" "pet coats"(if you have some custom made), "Collections" "Lot Catalog" "neighborhoods" "packaged lots" "saved sims" "projects" "sc4 terrains" "teleport" and of course your dowloads folder move too with ALL of your custom content in it (you'll need it for your homes to show up correctly)
5. restart the sims 2
6. create a blank "test" hood ...load it then exit the game
7.go to C/documents/ea/sims2 and then open your saved folders from your desktop one by one and cut paste old items from them into the new folders BUT DO NOT REWRITE OVER NEW ITEMS. ..do this for all of the old folders except "teleport" ,"downloads" "projects" "saved sims" "packaged lots" "neigborhoods"
8.restart sims 2 again then exit
9. reinstall CEP creating a new empty downloads folder , restart sims 2 then exit
10. cut past all old downloads to new download folder (Dont rewrite over new cep)
11.restart sims 2 enable CEP load test hood and a lot and put something new on it then exit
12. 11.open C/Documents/Ea /sims2 folder/neighborhoods folder and delete the new "neighborhood manager" file
13 then cut past and place the old broken neighboorhood files in the new neighborhood folder (again no overwriting -except "test" hood-hopefully yours was custom made...if not overwrite with caution )
14 then restart sims 2 and see if it works...if so then add the stuff from the "projects", and "saved sims" if you want to...but not "teleport"..
hope this helps