Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 12:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Linking objects to textures or sth...?
I've tried to find a tutorial on the internet, but surprisingly it didn't spit out anything. It still could be because I wasn't sure about the terms for this and just didn't really know what to google. (I believe it was repository something, and I'm trying to create a "slave" to another object.) So, what I'm trying to find is: I have two custom objects with exactly the same recolors, which have exactly the same texture image. It's one recolor for each, though. Every time I make a new one, I have to do it again for every of these objects. How do I link all these objects to a master, so it draws all the recolors from that?

I've only found a tutorial for linking a custom object to a maxis one. There's complicated stuff about uv-maps in it and whatnot, but I guess since it's all objects of one series that have the exact same texture images anyway, I won't need that...?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 8:50 PM Last edited by maxon : 17th Dec 2014 at 9:02 PM.
I thought there was a master-slave tutorial in the tutorials section here?

Edit: Actually not a tutorial as such but an info page.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=82227

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 9:12 PM
Yeah guys, I think the OP has already found that tutorial.

And it will work for you- just choose which of your meshes you want to be the master and follow the steps in the tutorial to slave the other mesh(es) to that one.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 3:49 PM
Yeah, looks great, thank u guys (& girls) c: