Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 8:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Seperated folders
Does anyone know how to merge game folders back into one so that everything collectively works together again? My damn computer stupidly separated my Sims 2 folders on me after a hasty disk cleanup, and despite everything showing up, now only half my downloads etc are working in the game...so frustrated.

I'm on an ASUS laptop and my OS (annoyingly enough) is Windows 7. Any help appreciated.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 8:59 PM
I'm not at all clear on what has happened. Which folders for a start? Game folders or the ones in My Documents?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 9:05 PM
The folders in my documents. They split into two parts, one bringing with it neighbourhoods etc and one remaining with downloads etc as they were. I put them all back into one folder and noticed first that I'd lost my custom lots and neighbourhoods even though the lots are still showing up in the downloads folder. Also only certain downloads are now showing up like hairstyles etc, whilst furnishings are nowhere to be seen...baffling!!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 2:57 AM
The folders in My Documents split into two? Somtimes the game makes an extra folder but it's usually empty (and you can delete it). You could try taking out both sets of folders and letting the game generate a whole new set by running it. You could then put your CC and neighbourhoods back into the new set. (Use copies, just in case).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc