Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 3:19 AM Last edited by aktnova : 24th Apr 2015 at 2:53 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bug or Glitch - OFB flower arranging station (Solved)
My sim uses the flower arranging station and starts getting badges like normal (bronze, silver, then gold) but it seems like some of the 'flowers' are missing. Upon achieving bronze badge there is still only the option to make 'daisies' and nothing else. Than at silver sim can make 'wild flowers' and 'daisies' but nothing else. Then at gold those two options are there PLUS about half a dozen options for 'Snapdragons $0' but still no roses or whatever the other option was. All the 'snapdragons $0' options result in perfectly functional snapdragons which cost the normal amount (despite the tag saying $0) but I can't get the roses or the other option to appear.

I know I had this problem before on an old computer with the game when I was a kid.
I think it was related to a piece of custom content I had. Basically, recolours of the snapdragons. I removed the CC recolours and if I'm recalling correctly it started working again.

This time around I don't have that piece of CC but here the problem is again. I've removed a few other decorative plants and other CC that might cause the problem (in theory) but it hasn't helped.

Basically, has anyone else had this? Does anyone know how to fix it? Is there something else I should check? etc.
Failing that, does anyone else where I can download a fix?

I have all Sims expansion packs and stuff packs (except holiday stuff, which seems to be merged with my base game and is slightly different than the stand alone stuff pack version).
Problem shouldn't be related to my computer specs but I can give those later if anyone really, really thinks they'd be important to look at.

Thanks.

SOLVED: The problem seems to be to do with a particular download from Parsimonious.org
I can't find the download in question on their site anymore. Possibly it was taken down due to others having encountered this issue. (I have saved Parsimonious downloads from waaay back, so I still had the problem items.)
It was some little...I dunno...aroma therapy type things. You place them on a table or on the floor in a room and they puff out little colourful clouds with different mood benefits. That's probably where the problem lies, because the snapdragon does the same thing. Somewhere in all of that, something went wrong and glitched up the floral workstation.
Have removed the downloads from my game and it seems to be working now.
Thanks to everyone who helped. It seemed that, yes, the was to fix this was to half my downloads again and again until I spotted the problem. (Not fun.)

Curiously this was not the same item (I don't think, anyway) that caused the problem in the past. Years and years back when I first encountered it the problem seemed to be coming from a set of snapdragon recolours I had downloaded. It would seem that any attempt to make CC using any part of the snapdragons, or even messing with the snapdragons, even recolouring them, seems to mess up the floral workstation. So if anyone else gets this same problem, looking for things that could be using the snapdragons. Even the 'aroma' part of the snapdragons.

Okay. I'm done here. Thanks again!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 4:12 AM
You won't like it but..you said you removed some CC that you thought might cause the roses Etc, to not show up. I'd let you, remove ALL of your CC..and then try again.
You might have a default replacement, you might have an object that share the same GUID..the possibilities are just too large

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 7:24 AM
The thing with my CC is it's all really well organised right now (unlike normal) because I've just installed the game a fresh and have made an effort to organise and categorise all my CC in a really OCD kind of way. There's next to nothing in there that I don't know what it is yet I still can't think of anything that would be having this effect. Like you said, it could be something I don't know what it is. But removing all the CC doesn't actually tell me which piece of CC is causing the problem. I'll take that under advisement though. I could start by removing all the 'object-related' CC and then I can at least tell if it's an object or if it's something else like a mod that's causing it. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 7:45 AM
Try the 50/50 methode. That will tell you which piece of CC is causing it, if of course..it is CC related.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 8:49 AM
Another thing to do if you are well organized is try one folder at a time, although hair, clothes and build stuff is pretty unlikely.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~