Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 9:14 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default BIG DOUBT!!! about patches :S
hello everyone... i have a really big doubt... i've been trying to find it on the internet but i don't seem to find an answer anywhere.... sooo my question is.... do i really have to install everysingle update there is for the game and the expansion packs... or just like the latest one???
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 12:56 PM
At one point, you did sort of have to patchpatchpatchpatch - from one version to the next patch, from that one to the next one after that, and so on. Now, they do what we sort of affectionately refer to as "monoblobs" - that is, the patches will patch you straight from the default install up to the current patch version. It does mean the patch downloads are HUGE but it's a heck of a lot easier for most users to understand, and most people nowadays are on broadband anyway.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ownload/Current

Download a patch for each game you have, if you haven't patched it already. If there is no specific one for your region, use region 1.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.