Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 7:06 AM
Default Question About Modding Harvestables
This thread is an "is this even possible" question. I have noticed that, with Seasons installed, harvestable fish each come with a recipe that is only unlocked and available to cook if a given sim has that type of fish in their possession (inventory or fridge). Does anyone know if it would be possible to create some kind of link between the harvestable fruits/veggies and recipes in this way?

Example 1: Could I make it so that the recipe for "spaghetti" is invisible unless my sim has harvestable tomatoes?

Example 2: Could I link CC foods I have to harvestables this way? For example, I have a CC food "stuffed bell peppers." Could I make this recipe invisible unless my sim has peppers?

I'm willing to do the legwork in SimPE to make this happen, I just have no idea if firstly, it can be done, and secondly, how to go about doing it.

Thanks so much!
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 3:30 AM
First let me preface this with saying that I have never made custom food, so I am limited in my knowledge in regards to what all is involved.
Second, I do not know what your skill level is with modding or creating. Off hand, I would say this sounds very doable, but may not be suited for a beginner project. I will make the assumption that you already know how to make TS2 food.
According to sims.wikia.com/wiki/Cooking, the "Bass with Squash" requires a Largemouth Bass. So I opened up SimPE, made sure I had Advanced Mode checked...

I opened the Object Workshop and clicked "Start." After SimPE loaded the objects, I found "Bass with Squash" in the "Unknown" section, I selected it and clicked "Next" and proceeded with making a simple clone of the object.

Now, I doubt this is how you would normally make food. You will need to consult the tutorial on making food. For now, I'm just making a .package file for inspection before I delete it.

Looking at the BHAVs, I see a "CT - Lot Inventory - TEST" and a "CT - Lot Inventory - Dec" BHAV. Both of which have a node like:
[prim 0x007E] Lua (Script: "SetToNextLotTokenWithSelector" [LuaScript:0x00 (SemiGlobal)],
args:
Global 0x000A (Current House),
Literal 0x0000,
Const 0x0106:0x7C ("Harvestable" Value: 0x007C),
type: Definition,
definition in: objLua file)

See that Const 0x0106:0x7C ("Harvestable" Value: 0x007C)? That is where it is referencing the harvestable object type.The "harvestable" object type is defined in a BCON for object types:
(Image courtesy of MogHughson's Tutorial: Creating a random object in a particular category)

(So, yes, in theory you might could make a food that requires the Sim to have another object or perhaps a certain job or college major...)

I will leave finding the GUID of the fish and where it might be referenced in the resources up to you.

If you have never worked with BHAVs before, I strongly suggest you check out Echo's tutorials, especially Tutorial: Making Your First Custom BHAV

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 6:56 PM
Thank you so much! This is helpful for where to start. I'll mess around in SimPE a bit and see if I can make it work.