Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2013 at 6:11 AM
Default The Sims Movie and Mysims TV Series: What Happened?
Back in 2007 or so, EA confirmed that both "The Sims Movie" and "My Sims TV Series" would be made, however, this never happened. What exactly happened?

According to IMDB the movie plot was:
"Pleasantview citizens are always well-mannered. But newcomer Andie starts to uncover the 'real' Pleasantview, for not only is Pleasantview full of cheating, lying, deceiving, secret-ridden people like the Goths, Don Lothario and the struggling Newbies, but they are being ruled by a greater power. Andie is terrified to discover they are stuck in a video game being played by millions universally. (From infinitesims.com, "EA has officially announced the upcoming Sims Movie, which is currently in production, they also for the first time mention a new TV series which is also in production - using the MySims game. The relationship is expected to significantly ramp up EA's film and television slate, which currently includes a feature version of the popular The Sims™ game in script development at 20th Century Fox with producer John Davis and a MySims™ animated television series in development at Film Roman"
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 14th May 2013 at 5:39 PM
Here's what I found on The Sims movie.
Quote:
Remember a few years back there was the announcement of a “The Sims” movie? The dates were changed, and it was assumed to have been canceled. Today, SimCookie discovered that the movie is back in production and has an expected release date of 2015.

http://simsvip.com/2012/01/21/the-s...-in-production/

All I could find on the MySims TV series.
Quote:
After being "Under Production" for so many years, it is presumed that the project was a fraud.

http://mysims.wikia.com/wiki/MySims_%28TV_Series%29

Resident wet blanket.