Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 6:41 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Various annoying, distracting graphics bugs
These have both become regular occurences, in fact they show up more often than not.

The first is directly related to Reshade which normally never gives me any issues, and which has never given me any issues in the 2 years I've been using it.

The former is an effect of ambient occlusion; the latter is depth of field. This bug will appear at random, appearing for 5-15 seconds and then disappearing for up to 5, and the speed at which it appears and reappears seems to depend on the camera angle.

The second is a transparency issue related to mirrors, and commonly appears in Create-a-Sim. Sim skin will become entirely invisible, as if hidden behind the mirror.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 12:56 PM
Fun fact: I still haven't solved this. I've had to port my entire shader to the newest version of Reshade. Unfortunately this new Reshade doesn't have a whole lot in common with the one I was used to, so the whole thing looks way different and decidedly worse. At least it's given me the option to change the render priority on the whole thing which has solved the above issues. It's given me one other, frustrating issue, but the fact that I haven't told anyone yet what it is should speak volumes of how little I care.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 9:30 PM
Heeeey, well i actually have exactly those problems xD i thought that it's maybe a problem with my graphics card or some of my graphic settings, but i am so glad that it isn't. my game does not crash or anything, it's just annoying sometimes :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 11:20 PM
Oh holy crap I finally have this sorted out. It's the mirrors! I don't know who told me this but you need to disable reflections for Reshade to work properly @Fluse. It's a bit of a bummer but I think it's a small price to pay for having the full shader package. What I haven't looked into, and what I probably should, is what happens when you set reflections to the intermediate setting (water reflections, but no mirrors).

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#5 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 11:38 PM
Lol, it was me who told you. It hasn't been THAT long has it?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 12:10 AM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 26th Jun 2019 at 7:19 PM.
I'm actually really old, Simmy. I spend all my energy trying to remember what I ate 15 minutes ago.

Edit: I still knew when I wrote that. 16 hours later and I have NO idea what I ate.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 2:37 PM
@AGuyCalledPi
i tried to set the graphics to medium months ago, but the terrain (paint) got blurry then. I'll try next time turning off the reflections. Thank you for looking into it ^^