Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 10:59 AM Last edited by esouths : 30th Aug 2018 at 2:36 AM.
Default Paxlanis
I've been messing around with a custom world for a while, haven't touched it in a few months but it's mostly completed. Has most of my custom built public lots and a few of my custom houses...Almost all possible public lots are there. Still have a few to build such as supernaturals. Not all houses uploaded yet. Still have a bit to build and also add sims.
The rar file is too big to upload to MTS... Not sure how to upload it on there lol...

Paxlanis Download Link

If anybody wants to check it out and let me know that it works... TY
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 12:52 PM
Feedback and testing belongs here: http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=612

You have to make an rar archive of your world to upload on mts. How big is the file?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 12:33 AM
It looks like a nice world. I am downloading now to look at it.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 12:23 PM
I moved it to the Creators feedback forum since I guess that's what you made the thread for, right?

Else, if you want to upload it, this has to be done here and we'll gladly look it over!: http://upload.modthesims.info/
Also make sure to check out the guidelines! http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...s/Sims_3_Worlds

I guess if your world is bigger than 50mb, you could always split it in parts https://superuser.com/questions/356...le-using-winrar

But that looks lovely! <3
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 8:43 PM Last edited by daisylee : 29th Aug 2018 at 9:23 PM.
It is over 100. And it still needs a lot so will be much bigger when completed. There are some really nice features. If MTS sticks to the flat lot requirement this will not pass as there are some wonderful nonflat ones. But it is confusing to say they must be flat unless on a hillside. (?) Maybe someone can clarify.

I have decided to not even try to upload 2 of my worlds here as I do not use standard lot sizes and love to build on nonflat lots also. Mine will go on the exchange when ready.

I especially like the big park that dips down into the water. Very nice.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 2:44 AM
Thanks for your feedback. Kind of rushed posting it and dumped it on here cause I wasn't sure if I could take the time to properly upload it with all the details, and I last edited it a few months ago. All the lots are my own custom lots. Hope fully some day I can finish all the lots and have a complete neighborhood of sims. Also there are some houses I've built that I want to put in the lots but the terrain and lot placement is so tricky. Does everything in the world work fine? I had some trouble when first installing the world with the trees showing up, and also had to try a few times to get the waterfall effects to show up.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 3:57 AM
I did not test but the falls worked as soon as I put a Sim on a lot. Some of your builds are very interesting! Very creative. Such as the atrium house. I really look forward to seeing more. Especially that vamp lair way up in the mountains. That atrium lot has the issue of the trees showing in the basement which happens too often. Try the terrain offset cheat if needed to place lots done in other worlds.

I have a world where we have to zoom into the falls once to get them going.

Nice world! Big one!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I did not test but the falls worked as soon as I put a Sim on a lot. Some of your builds are very interesting! Very creative. Such as the atrium house. I really look forward to seeing more. Especially that vamp lair way up in the mountains. That atrium lot has the issue of the trees showing in the basement which happens too often. Try the terrain offset cheat if needed to place lots done in other worlds.

I have a world where we have to zoom into the falls once to get them going.

Nice world! Big one!

Thanks! I ought to upload all these lots...Atrium house is also uploaded on my page... My personal fav build is the Glitzy Nightclub lol I also wanna build like a cave in the mountains for werewolf hangout I think the lot is there
dodgy builder
#9 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 11:46 AM
It's 115 big and has no CC installed in the file. I hope I will be able to look at it.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 5:02 AM
@esouths if you would like an invitation to sims file share, so you can upload there and link here for feedback and testing, send me a PM. You should probably line up some testers when you get closer to completion. It looks lovely so far.

@daisylee I think you are getting lot and world guidelines confused. Stand alone lots are to be standard size and flat, unless there is a good reason for an exception to this rule.
Lots in worlds can be on any size lot you want, and any slope you can imagine.
You can upload your world at MTS and on the exchange- it doesn't have to be either/ or.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#11 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 8:14 AM
Worlds/Neighborhoods says standard sizes and flat lots for most.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...s/Sims_3_Worlds
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 10:16 PM
Hi daisylee I think we are saying basically the same thing. The way I read what you wrote was that lots MUST be flat and standard size. The guidelines suggest, all things being equal, that lots be flat and standard size. This is not something rigidly enforced when moderating worlds, because unlike stand alone lots, that may be placed in a variety of worlds, lots in a world upload are already placed in their home world. Bottom line, build how you like, but have a reason if lots are not flat or standard size. The reason can be aesthetics or practical.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#13 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 12:10 AM
I am not even going to bother to try to upload here. The worlds are 95% done . I can put them on the exchange with one click when ready and not have to jump through 100 approval hoops here. Which is a shame...
dodgy builder
#14 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 11:48 AM
My 3 worlds had some flat lots, but a lot of partially advanced terrain. Both Stranda and Castle Island has lots really too steep for Sims. Needless to say, they were both approved. Strandas main considerations for the moderators was the skin used on sims, but they decided to approve it. I had to work a lot on the descripion though.

Make sure you have some standard size flat lots, and you should be fine.
dodgy builder
#15 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I am not even going to bother to try to upload here. The worlds are 95% done . I can put them on the exchange with one click when ready and not have to jump through 100 approval hoops here. Which is a shame...

Well, it's a pain sometimes. What I don't like though, having created for this game for ages, someone has to tell me what good style is. Not just the technicality of it. It's a good thing learning to take critique on projects. It comes in handy if you get such a job later in life, and many people do. We all have to be polite though.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 8:30 PM
I am not going to waste my time. Take about 60 photos, have to justify what I have spent years doing? List items that nobody cares about? No thanks. Others can jump through all those hoops. I will pass. If MTS met us half way it would be different. But it seems like no. I understand wanting quality worlds here and that is good. But the posting requirements are totally excessive IMO.

Most of us do not read the requirements here and then decide to work on a world. As you say, these are artist's labors of love we spend years working on. We are not cranking out production items.

Getting off soapbox. Just am very frustrated by all of this. Good luck to others who are willing to do it.