Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 1:37 AM
Default CCMagic Question Regarding Mods Content
*Sigh* I really didn't want to post a help question. I really, really didn't. But I done messed things up.

I am currently waiting for a new 1TB SSD to arrive so that I may start fresh (as I have again and again) and put every single thing related to Sims 3 on my C drive. Before I bought this drive, I tried simply moving My Documents folder from my D drive(where I just simply moved it over to when I installed before) back into my C. While doing this, with the intention of a complete re-install, I deleted my CCMagic to start that over again as well. There was a reason I did that...I just know it.
ANYway, to get to the point, I realized shortly after RE-installing CCMagic, that it wasn't picking up my mods into the legacy folder when starting up. I can't get it to do that and the Framework shows in the program. (I do have an overrides folder) I realize the CC itself would need to be re-installed into CCMagic, but the mods are supposed to automatically go into it from my mods folder, right? I can't get it to pick them up and just don't know what to do. I have all the mods in my mods folder. I have the .cfg resource file in the mods folder. I have the folder LISTING the mods in the CCMagic folder which I had previously saved, so I just put them in there when CCMagic did not make it's own files within my EA documents upon re-installing.

The ONLY reason I want to do this is because I forgot to save some sims and houses in the bin as I ready to do a fresh install when I get my new drive. Perhaps I should just let it go.
Factors:
1. When I re-installed CCMagic, I installed it as administrator. Is that a stupid thing to do?
2. Win10 system.
3. Again, I moved my documents folder back to my C. Is it not seeing them there even though it's also there?
4. How disastrous would it be to put the mods into my downloads folder and run CCMagic?

Bonus fun poll question:
I'm seriously considering leaving out Pets in my re-install. I highly suspect that expansion pack to cause more slowdown issues than any other and frankly, as cute as the pets are, they tend to just get in the way and destroy things. But I do want the stuff like the walls and floors that came with the pack. Any thoughts on leaving Pets out? Does anyone see an improvement without using it?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 10:39 PM
Ok, I hope I understand what the problem is. Whatever you just put in the Mods folder (it really should be in the Packages folder in the Mods folder) doesn't show up as legacy set in CCMagic, correct?
If you install the mods like your CC, CCMagic will merge them in the same way. I've done that and it didn't create any disasters but a few NRAAS mods are core mods (Error trap, I think) and really shouldn't be merged. It is a bit of a hassle to update when they are updated but it doesn't happen all that often anymore, so it should not be a problem.
As to your questions:
1. I can't imagine although, I really don't know.
2. Win10 tries to do Documents automatically on OneDrive. But then you should have a problem with all your CC not showing up. Is that what's happening? There have been some posts about that in the Help section, if you do a search, there should be some help on how to unlink Onedrive. I'm still running Win7, so I don't really know. Is your game running ok?
3. See 2.
4. see my above longer paragraph.
Bonus: With your shiny new SSD, I think Pets should run just fine. Depending on the rest of your system .