Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 8:20 PM Last edited by Nalia : 23rd Jan 2019 at 11:38 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Public phone booths: no action [SOLVED]
Today I realised that public phone booths -in every single community lot- have no action, I can't even click on them. I have sent different Sims from different households, and ... nothing. All other phones -cells, wall or table home phones- work normally with no problem at all.

Has anyone experienced this before? Except from hacks what else could possibly interfere in such a way as to "neutralise" completely the public phone's function?

For the records, the only hacks I installed three months ago were BO's Espresso for Visitors and No nake emitters; however, I don't believe this problem is related to BO's mods.

Any insight/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance! <3
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 9:25 PM
Hi Nalia! *hugs*
Do you have any recolours or default replacements for the comm phone booth? Maybe check those to see whether one is a clone instead of a recolour.
Scholar
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 1:22 PM
Did your sims walk to the lot? Pretty much the only option on a community phone booth is to call a taxi and that option is disabled if the sims have an own-able car on the lot, the 'Walking Lot Transitions' is an own-able car.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Did your sims walk to the lot? Pretty much the only option on a community phone booth is to call a taxi and that option is disabled if the sims have an own-able car on the lot, the 'Walking Lot Transitions' is an own-able car.

This was in a private home, not a community lot. Maybe somehow the home is considered a community lot, will check.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 10:40 PM
You probably know our answer, but make a backup, remove your CC and test by the 50/50 search. If you are on the UC you could try fixing your game in origin, but I would test it without CC first as 9 times out of 10 that will be the cause.

@SilverFox30 we don't know your issue, we are replying to the OP.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SilverFox30
This was in a private home, not a community lot. Maybe somehow the home is considered a community lot, will check.

The community phone won't work on a residential lot.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 11:19 AM Last edited by Nalia : 23rd Jan 2019 at 11:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch

I had totally and completely forgotten about it. 99.9% this is the reason they don't seem to work. Thank you so much for refreshing my memory!
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hi Nalia! *hugs*
Do you have any recolours or default replacements for the comm phone booth? Maybe check those to see whether one is a clone instead of a recolour.

*lots of hugs*
I have some recolours, installed a year or so back, and never did they seem to affect phone booths; but the "problem" is likely what Chris mentioned. I'll test and report back.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You probably know our answer, but make a backup, remove your CC and test by the 50/50 search. If you are on the UC you could try fixing your game in origin, but I would test it without CC first as 9 times out of 10 that will be the cause.

Yes, I know the method of finding the culprit, but this "issue" seemed very peculiar and before going through the process I wanted to know if other people had had a similar experience before. Thanks for taking the time to reply though. I really appreciate it.

---- E D I T : ----

It is as Chris said. Public phone booths work perfectly fine, no problem with them.
It has been so long my Sims use their own cars that I couldn't remember the detail about public phones being disabled in such a case.
Much love to all. <3
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 12:19 PM
Glad you got it sorted.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~