Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 2:20 PM
Default some files will not extract (with 7xz or winrar); says files are currupt
Recently a few mod files downloaded would not extract with 7z or WinRAR or the default windows extractor. Also tried extracting directly from the site (without saving to this computer first), still says files are corrupt. There are recent comments/thanks in the downloads section so it appears to be extractable for some folks. A few days ago I downloaded some without logging in first, and those did not extract. So I downloaded them logged in and then they were extractable. But today even while logged in, the extractors give message "unexpected end to archive, file is corrupt". Not sure if it is not downloading the file correctly or what , since some users seem to be able to download and extract the files.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 5:58 PM
Check the files you downloaded - is the filesize on your computer the same as the filesize listed on the site?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 6:03 PM
Usually yes, this does mean an incomplete or poor download. If you haven't cleared your browser's cache and (if it has a separate one) download cache, perhaps try that. Sometimes browsers try to be helpful (?) and give us the same file back again that was already cached instead of really downloading a new one on the 2nd and subsequent tries but that gets really annoying if the it's the first download that was broken.

Or, perhaps, try a different browser?