Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 4:28 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 10th Aug 2017 at 5:08 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default NRAAS - Everyone Coupling Up
I started playing sims 3 again and download the nraas mastercontroller and story progression mods. My 2nd generation kids are having a hard time finding any single people to date, everyone they encounter has a partner or is married. My 2nd gen son turned into a YA and so did his friend and she was already in a relationship the next day they met up. Is there a setting I can change so that not everyone gets coupled up so quickly?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 5:08 PM
Site Helper
#3 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 5:37 PM
I think @ igazor or @barbarat can probably give better details on where it is, but there is a setting in the Story Progression settings to turn down the rate at which sims pair up. If you have a specific sim in mind for your sim, you can also make the household that your sim's future partner is part of exempt from Story Progression matchups. Again: I can't tell you exactly how to do it other than trial and error, but I'm sure someone can help with details.

Edit: NRAAS would probably have been a better place to ask, assuming that you have registered. (It's free.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 2:45 PM
Hi there. I have to agree that NRaas is generally a better place to seek support with NRaas mods. It's kind of what we are there for.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox
(free Wikispaces account and NRaas membership required to post)

To slow down the effects of StoryProgression overall, on City Hall or an in-game computer:
NRaas > SP > General Options > Adjust Speed > (and try one of the two slower ones)

To slow down SP's Romance Manager separately or further than the above allows
NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Romance > Speed > (default on Normal is 300)
This is the amount of time in sim minutes between runs of the Manager, so higher is slower. Don't be afraid to try very high values like 3,000 or 5,000 here. Even 5,000 is only about 3.5 sim days so depending on the length of your sims' age spans, that isn't all that much.

Note that the currently running Manager cycles have to complete before changes like this are applied, so you won't likely see a difference for a sim day or two.

To slow down the rampant coupling up a bit
NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Romance > Partnership Liking Gate > (default is 40)
(try a higher setting like 60 or 80)

(same menu) > Marriage Liking Gate > (default is 75)
(try a higher setting like 90)

Point being that sims should have to work harder to like their potential partners before coupling up with them. Apparently Twallan hated the thought of sims being single.

To stop the mod itself from pushing romantic progression on particular sims without affecting user-directed actions; other forces may still be at work though
NRaas > SP > (Town, Household, Caste, Sim) Options > Romance:Allow > False
(City Hall/computer for Town and Caste Options, Household lot or sims for Household Options, sims for Sim Options)

To more forcefully "reserve" a sim for another or for one of your own, on the sim
NRaas > SP > Sim Options > Romance:Arranged Marriage:Sim > (and specify the other sim)
(SP Relationship add-on module required)

See also: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryPr...ion+FAQ+Romance