Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 1:36 AM
i was wondering where the rate column went...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 8:37 AM
Thank you for this, it makes much more sense. I have always thought that the number of downloads you recieve say a lot more than the stars. I always gave 4's and 5's, I didn't want to download anything less for my game. Why would I want to download something that I considered below a 4, you know what I mean ;o) So I am not surprised that you all saw just that, 4's and 5's, I think most people thought the same way ;o)

This site proves to me time and time again that you really put a lot of thought into all that you do, down to the little details...not just for you but for all those that create, and download from here. You guys care a lot, and it shows. Thank you so much!

Please do not upload, or post any of my creations to the Sims2 Exchange or any pay site. As a note; I like to personalize all my creations by altering the alpha files a bit, which if anyone has tried before it can be a pain. ;o) Happy Simming :o)

More Jules5 creations
Test Subject
#103 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 4:39 PM
Thanks this is great! :D
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 6:19 PM
Darn! You mean all this work I've put in giving horrible ratings to everybody else's content is gone?

en7en - "that pagoda guy..."
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#105 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 6:37 PM Last edited by Delphy : 6th Nov 2006 at 6:46 PM.
*throws poodles at en7en*

Also, I've added a checkbox to the editpost so that posters can now change whether a post is a "Thanks" post or not.

Finally, I've fixed the bug that allowed creators to thank themselves.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Banned
#106 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 1:39 AM
Thanks for your reading and patience
Inventor
#107 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 3:22 AM
Hi Delphy,

The Post Feedback/Report option sort of confuses me as "report" is also used to report members for violations, right? Or is that only at the community site? Either way, as I clicked it, I feared I was reporting myself in my own thread. lol

Any other word that can be used rather than "report"?
Thanks
xts
ps. Might I add I still adore this site and am a proud member!

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Alchemist
#108 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XTS
Hi Delphy,

The Post Feedback/Report option sort of confuses me as "report" is also used to report members for violations, right? Or is that only at the community site? Either way, as I clicked it, I feared I was reporting myself in my own thread. lol

Any other word that can be used rather than "report"?
Thanks
xts
ps. Might I add I still adore this site and am a proud member!

You can use "report this post" for violations on the left side under member names rather than "Post Feedback/Report" on bottom.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Instructor
#109 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pfish
You can use "report this post" for violations on the left side under member names rather than "Post Feedback/Report" on bottom.

Why can't Delphy's posts be reported? Unfair!

A while ago I tried to report that you can have soliloquies when PMing with yourself ( ) and I found out that the 'report to do things' like e.g. choosing the most fitting moderator/member of staff is quite complicated (maybe I'm just stupid)... I decided to pick the MTS2Staff, sounded quite right but so far neither a reply nor a nice fixed "don't send yourself PMs, try talking" error message 'happened'. So after improving the download feedback it's time to find further improvement requirements, isn't it? :D

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#110 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 5:59 PM
Khaibit, can I have some of what you are smoking, becuase I have no clue what you are talking about.

To rpeort bad posts, just click on the "Report Post" link and type in some text - you dont need to (and indeed it's discouraged) to send PMs to moderators about specific posts since there is no guarantee they'll be online at the time, etc.

Instructor
#111 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Khaibit, can I have some of what you are smoking, becuase I have no clue what you are talking about.

Would be easy if I just could stop smoking and that's it. This is the ordinary madness... (Don't worry, sometimes I don't know either what I'm talking about :D)

I mean that you can send yourself a PM. Appears in "Send Items" and in the "Inbox" - I myself think this is hilarious... and it doesn't belong in here :D

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Mad Poster
#112 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 2:53 AM
How about havng the option to hide deleted posts as well?

Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Finally, I've fixed the bug that allowed creators to thank themselves.

Oh no, I should have done that to increase my thanks numbers to appeal more views!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#113 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 2:08 PM
Khaibit, Yes you can send yourself a PM just like you can send yourself emails. Nothing wrong there.

niol, I dont think there are that many of them, and it's a global option anyway although iirc it's hidden when you logout

Lab Assistant
#114 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 8:48 PM
I'm very pleased with these changes. Under the old system I never rated anything unless I thought it really deserved four or five stars. This will make it much easier both for creators and those of us who would like to submit an honest opinion without feeling guilty about it. Thanks for all the thought and work you all put into the site!

Miao.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 2:52 AM
Ok... now that I've had time for these changes to grow on me, I'd like to offer my humble opinion.

I do agree with removing the rating stars. I've seen several instances where ratings were seriously unfairly applied - both too high and too low, without a true understanding of the quality of the work. I won't ramble on about it, as others have already summed up most of my thoughts on the matter.

But I am struggling with the lack of avatars on the "thanks" posts. I find it easier to "recognize" other MTS members by both their user names AND avatars. Kind of like in person when someone asks, "Do you know John Doe? Sure you do... short hair, glasses, big nose... You'd know him if you saw him."

Now it's like, "Hey... do I know Sims2Fan067? Oops, nope... I had him confused with Sims2Fan97. Sorry - my bad."

I find it nice to have that extra recognition of those who took the time to comment on their appreciation of what you've uploaded.

That said, I also agree it's important to be able to easily pick out comments reporting problems. I wonder if there's another way to accomplish that goal.

Just my thoughts - I realize this may not have had as much of an impact on others.

Seriously.
Test Subject
#116 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 5:25 AM
Loving it ^^ Thanks!!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#117 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 9:41 AM
Now this has been running for a little while, I would like to say I think it was a really good decision. Not only is it freeing users from having to read "illegal" thanks posts, but it means those who would have obeyed the rules before and only clicked the Thanks button now feel they can offer encouraging messages, which must be nicer for the creator than just a list of names.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#118 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 9:45 AM
A little request: Is it possible to put tutorials on the same system as downloads in this respect? I wanted to thank Helena for her lovely clear "adding a mesh subset" tutorial that worked perfectly first time for me, but I didn't want to clutter up the thread and confuse people who might be needing to ask questions about it.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Not only is it freeing users from having to read "illegal" thanks posts...

Actually, far too many people are still posting "thanks" incorrectly. While I do prefer to see avatars, I like to the ability to separate "question/problem-reporting" posts from "thanks" posts. Unfortunately, the feature is not used correctly by everyone.
I hope continued enforcement will resolve the problem (but so far I'm skeptical).

Seriously.
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 5:12 AM
Delphy, there is a problem with the new system. People are saying thanks to the creator, and pressing "post feedback/report" I guess because they want their display picture to show, and then to say thanks they click on the "say thanks for this thread"

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#121 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 7:48 AM
Lindzee,

Thats not a problem with the system - thats a problem with the users.

It's clear from the text and the buttons underneath what to do - if people can't be bothered to read and constantly do that, they will be whupped upside the head.

Lab Assistant
#122 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 12:43 AM
What I was thinking though, if it still happens, that if the user's post has the word "thank" in it, like thanks, or thank you, then it's automaticly a thanks post. Just to prevent the problem.
Test Subject
#123 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 7:04 PM
thank you! I was also getting sick of everyone rating 4 or 5 stars, I was one of the minority that used the 1,2 and 3 star ratings. Thanks again!

If you were I, and I were you, my clothes probably wouldn't fit. And also, there is practically no chance of that ever happening, thank goodness.
Instructor
#124 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 2:19 PM
Thanks Delphy!
Scholar
#125 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 1:12 PM
I'm using frequently the "go advanced" option not to anwer to a post but only to visualise the smileys. Like this one : . Because I don't know the code of all smileys and I prefer to see the preview before posting.

But with using this way the posts are qualified sometimes of "feedback-report" and they are "thanks posts". It's my problem.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Page 5 of 6