Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 6:30 AM
Default Is the sims a little... Girlish you think?
Well i notised somthing. I notised that most of tthe people who play sims are girls. Why is that and is it wrong for a guy like me to play the sims? What we all know that 90% of people who plays the sims is a virgin. But i myself found the game a little girlish... Is it wrong for me as a male to play it?
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 6:39 AM
Yes. Please stop.

Shoot. Is it wrong for me as a moderator to be snarky? Okay...the Sims 1, 2, and 3 are about creating and building and decorating and imaginative, open-ended play. Thank you for finding these things girlish: girls are every bit as awesome as you suggest. The Sims Medieval seems mostly to be about developing time management skills, and those are gender-neutral. Your testosterone is safe, sir.
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 6:42 AM
Oh thank go- oh wit i forgot im in the medieval section, oh thank watcher!
Instructor
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 6:57 AM
nah, it makes you a huge girl. because it does have a bit of focus on building relationships and creating families. . . :D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Yes. Please stop.

Shoot. Is it wrong for me as a moderator to be snarky? Okay...the Sims 1, 2, and 3 are about creating and building and decorating and imaginative, open-ended play. Thank you for finding these things girlish: girls are every bit as awesome as you suggest. The Sims Medieval seems mostly to be about developing time management skills, and those are gender-neutral. Your testosterone is safe, sir.

I also want to know how he discovered that 90% of the people who play are virgin girls.

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 9:38 PM
not at all. i've seen just as many girls playing ts3 as i've seen playing gta...
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 9:40 PM
Yes. It is terribly wrong that you, as a male, like playing Sims. Please invert your penis immediately, as Sims is vaginas only.
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Yes. It is terribly wrong that you, as a male, like playing Sims. Please invert your penis immediately, as Sims is vaginas only.

LMAO!! You guys (sorry....girls) are a crackup!

Honestly, only a GUY would worry about whether or not a computer game was too girlish. Personally, I've never given it a thought one way or the other. Maybe because I'm female and don't waste my time on such trivial matters.
Alchemist
#9 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 10:10 PM Last edited by Zandvoort : 22nd Dec 2011 at 10:55 PM.
Since I play TS I grew longer hair and boobs, and I'm a guy. So I guess it turns you into a girl. /Endofpschychopaticness

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#10 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 12:00 AM
I can't stop laughing. This has got to be one of the best threads yet. Thank you so much HP and everyone else.

Dordracio: You might want to rethink "girl" and "boy" games. Seriously.

http://togetherforjacksoncountykids...der-bullying-in

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Banned
#11 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 2:34 AM
Girly? Bah!

It takes a real man to play with pixel dollies.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 9:56 AM Last edited by ladyskye : 23rd Dec 2011 at 12:51 PM.
Is there a pink and blue version of TSM? That would explain quite a bit. How do I get the blue version. That must be the one with a build function. I bet it has blood during the sword fights too. Where would I get THAT version? (And if this is the pink version why isn't there more to buy and better clothes? Where's my Medieval Mall? So is there a purple version that has both?) Of course if I have to make a choice then I want the Brick Mason, Stone Cutter, Carpentry, Farming, and Coach and Horse Version with bleeding sword duels. That would be the guy one, right?
I'm confused.

Is this cause I'm not a virgin or 15?

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Scholar
#13 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 12:29 PM
Point: Many of the top modders in the community are male (Delphy, Pescado, Two Jeffs, Twallan)

Point: Many are also female (HystericalParoxysm, Mootilda, Inge Jones)

Point: Many of the top creators are male (Anto, Ulker, at least half of Newsea, Bau,)

Point: Many are also female (Heidi from Exotic Elements, Judy-AAS, Sixtyten from Awesims)

Point: If you look at any Simmer who has been in the community before TS3/TSM came out sorry not many of us are 15 year old virgin girls (or boys) since many of us have been playing since TS1 came out in 2000 (we might of been 15 then but sure as boots aren't anymore. Many TS3/TSM players might be teenage girls but really there is no way to prove how many of them are in fact virgins esp since people lie on surveys (not to mention I have not seen a single Sims community survey that includes that as a ? , age yes, gender yes, but sexual activity no) and that fact that this is a PG-13/PEGI-12 game and parents would have fits if that kind of ? was asked on a survey about video games. Maybe you are mistaking the Sims series for The Adventures of Leisure Suit Larry

Conclusion: Sims is a gender neutral game, yes it is a virtual dollhouse but it is also a set of virtual tinkertoys whereby you can tear things down and build them up again. If you feel so upset that playing the Sims affects your masculinity maybe a nice round of Halo will help, the red (pink is just a shade of red after all) vs blue conflict is perfectly acceptable in Halo
Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 4:45 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 24th Dec 2011 at 9:16 AM.
Guys, based on something the OP said in another thread - he may only be 13. At thirteen, young boys are trying to untangle their ideas about gender and sexuality.

Dordracio - It's a game. If you like the game, play it. If you don't, then don't. There is no reason to judge people who play this/these games. If anyone tries to judge you for playing this/these games, think about what's behind that judgement and why it is less about you and more about the one slinging names.

A man who is secure about himself does not feel a need to defend his choices in games, nor whether he is a virgin or not.

*Edit* Real men aren't afraid of homosexuals either. Real men are comfortable with themselves and confident. They accept other people for who they are.

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 9:03 PM
I went back and read all the posts by the OP. He mentions his Daddy a few times. Yeah, this is a kid.

Now THAT is a real thread killer. Didn't know from the tones of various discussions that 13 year olds could get on the list because for me, that's not just a thread killer, it's a list killer too.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 9:16 PM
List? What do you mean? (Am I bad? I'm still finding this thread hilarious! "Leisure suit Larry" - ha!)

Mad Poster
#17 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 7:45 AM
Hahah, yeah you're right, he's just some kid. He mentioned a dad secured something, and is afraid of homosexual people, if you remember the rules in Medieval thread. Listen up kid, if you wanna be like in your kiddo signature, then respect gay people, and realize that gender prohibits nothing. Gender is an old boundary of excrement! A real man should be able to stand up for what's right. And forever remember that when you are old, you'll be laughing at your old ideas you had back when you were a kid!
Screenshots

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Banned
#18 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 7:55 AM
All gender determines is what is your human eh... wing-dang-doodle. (NO NOT THE NOSE.)

Restricting an entire gender from doing something is like restricting an entire race from doing something. Sure, you don't see many girls with facial hair (or much body hair) and you don't see many guys in skirts, but it certainly isn't "prohibited" for them to do such a thing! (All though most hairy in the face women are recruited for the position of "Bearded Lady")

I'm an adult female, I play fighitng/zombie video games, I watch anime, listen to Vocaloid, very often eat "HUNGRY MAN" TV dinners, does any of this mean I am a 13 year old boy?! *looks down my pants* I DON'T THINK SO. (but I could be wrong, I'm sure you know more about me than I do)

So. You're a 13 year old homophobic who likes to classify video games by "girly-ness". Because you're a kid, I'm gonna be NICE. Ish.

Oh, and in case you're unaware of this, Delphy, the owner of the site, is in fact an adult male. *MIND BLOWN.*
Instructor
#19 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 8:18 AM
Lemmy Wham-Wham Wuzzle!
#20 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 9:29 AM
now that i looked a little more into it, i actually know more girls from automotive communities than sims communities...
Mad Poster
#21 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyNewHere
...automotive communities...
What are those?

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 11:01 AM
Default :d
No. I do not consider it to be a Girls game, nor does really anyone on this site (well.. apart from you.)

But I bet you consider GTA |V to be a boys game, when actually a lot of girls (including.. well me.) play it.

Saying that, wasn't the first draft of The Sims called Dollhouse? Or something. I'll do my research later
#23 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
What are those?

they are communities of people who like or own things called cars. metal things with 4 wheels that act as vehicles.

if you don't know what a vehicle is well... sorry :P
Mad Poster
#24 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 1:40 PM
I wish I knew what a car was.. never saw one of those. Guess I spent too long using my propeller beanie.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KKiryu007Joker
I wish I knew what a car was.. never saw one of those. Guess I spent too long using my propeller beanie.

Much like a coach. Better with ruts, made of metal, steers with a wheel, wonder of wonders, and much like the Sims Medieval, it is horseless. I got the propellor beanie to fly but it wouldn't stay on my head. I see it zipping by every now and then trying to scrounge up a free meal. I think it's found a mate and is nesting nearby.

Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Reaching new heights (or is it lows?) of dumbassery.
Page 1 of 3