Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 7:36 PM Last edited by SimLaReine : 11th Aug 2015 at 6:13 AM.
Default I asked ! YOU ! for feedback
I was going for a Avant-Garde Museum /Art Gallery / Parkette
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 7:52 PM
It looks like a mishmash of furniture and sculptures. Most museums have a focus to them, like history, art, or nature. Yours doesn't seem to have a certain focus, so I suggest figure out a theme and stick with it. I do like the the little house with the large basement underneath.

Also whats going on with the Gallery2 picture? Did you place all those items onto one block, not sure what look you were going for.

My life needs editing
My tumblr
Instructor
#3 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 8:46 PM
Hi
I think that a park with museum underground is a nice idea!
The main problem I see is that you just "throw" the things that are suposed to be displayed on the floor. It doesnt give off a "museum feel" it looks more like a storage to me. Try to look at pictures of real places (museums) to gain some inspiration.

You said that you were going for Avant-garde look but your lot doesnt seem very Avant-garde to me. More like a fairy-talish place from a storybook - which is not a problem! But as egm2000 said you should try to find a theme to focus on and I would suggest "fantasy /fairy-tale". Maybe you can try to make a pretty gazebo there: http://vixenhill.com/Images/Landing...os/Gazebo_4.jpg.

I would also try to play around with the park layout. Maybe try to make some paths there bordered by rocks + water elements etc.

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 9:58 PM
Agree with the lack of focus/theme concerns. Maybe try to think of a reason *why* a museum would be hidden like that in the first place? Seeing as there's those hidden lots in two neigbourhoods (that I don't really know anything about, but at least one has that pink fairy thing going on) maybe it would have something to do with that? Underground fairies building an underground museum for .. fairy stuff, like paintings of pink flowers? Magic crystals? Perhaps an artificial cave/terrarium for frogs that can't live in sunlight?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 6:11 AM
:lovestruc
Thanks to everyone for the great Ideas, Really appreciate

:lovestruc