Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 8:13 PM
The Sims 3 Store
EA have reserved thesims3store.com since June 16, 2008.

The Sims 2 Store is a beta test and will never reach the final stage because The Sims 3 Store will be the real one.

That's why outside of North America couldn't never buy from this store.
Advertisement
#2 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 12:56 AM
Gross. I'll never buy that way. They charge too much for what they are trying to sell. Also a little too close to what paysites do for my liking. Even though they actually have the rights since they own it, lol.
#3 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 1:06 AM
I would buy if it were closer to SP type pricing. But a dollar an item? No thanks.
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 1:14 AM
I don't like it.

“When you're taught to love everyone, to love your enemies, then what value does that place on love?”-Marilyn Manson
Field Researcher
#5 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nekochanpurr
Gross. I'll never buy that way. They charge too much for what they are trying to sell. Also a little too close to what paysites do for my liking. Even though they actually have the rights since they own it, lol.

Agreed. If I'm going to continue to give EA my money, I want to get something out of it-- new interactions, and so on. They're charging too much for far too little, in my opinion.
#6 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 5:31 PM
i agree with you
#7 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 9:19 PM
I wouldn't buy anything from the store. It's way too expensive. They should have just stuck with the Stuff Packs. But EA is greedy.
#8 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 1:13 AM
I wouldn't buy anything from the Store either, but I guess it doesn't matter. It's their choice to sell them at that price, as it is our choice not to buy them.
#9 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by higgins534
I wouldn't buy anything from the Store either, but I guess it doesn't matter. It's their choice to sell them at that price, as it is our choice not to buy them.

I absolutely agree. :clap:
#10 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
I wouldn't buy anything from the store. It's way too expensive. They should have just stuck with the Stuff Packs. But EA is greedy.

I'm a crazy one that did buy some exclusive collections from TS2 Store. I know it's really too expensive. For instance, if you want to get the entire castle collection it would cost you close to $300.00. It doesn’t make sense compare to the price of an EP or SP! It bothers me that I can’t get the full collection! :eviltongu
#11 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 12:11 PM
I've bought a lot of the stuff from the store and it is very expensive. They need to take a look at their prices. And they came out with the store too late in the game. The new asian collection cost about $150.00 USD and I'm not sticking that kind of money into a game I will be replacing with Sims3 in a month! ...otherwise I would have bought anything they wanted to sell me ... I'm addicted!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 2:47 PM
I wish I could buy a couple of the items from the Sims 2 Store; but I live the UK.

Hopefully The Sims 3 Store will be available to me and they'll hopefully lower the cost (not that it put me off - I'd jsut like to get more stuff for my money.)

I hope they put entirely new functioning objects in the Store; not just several TVs but new items with new interactions like trampolines, for example.
#13 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 2:59 PM
Does anyone even buy from the Sims 2 Store, if you do..I really don't think you should. Their prices are a bit too high. I've never bought from TS2 Store, and I don't really plan on changing my mind! I think it's a waste of money, Because more people can download Custom Content FOR FREE, Rather then paying for maxis edited items that aren't that dressy/gorgeous/handsome-ish.
#14 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 3:14 PM
I would only consider buying from it if they 1) did away with Stuff Packs and only did it through the store and 2) they made the prices more reasonable, and sold collections at a special price, etc.
#15 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 3:18 PM
Furude Rika: I agree with you 100%. But seeing as though they already published the stuff packs, they should lower their prices on TS2 stores - Because people are buying the stuff packs, why should they have to buy more on TS2 store??
#16 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 1:42 AM
Gah I hate the idea of The Sims 2 Store. It's just plain greedy. Maxis would have never done something like this...
I mean, $300 for some pixels?? You could buy a real life couch for that much! Plus, a lot of the custom content out there available for free looks much, much better.
Shame on you, EA.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 6:41 PM
I would possibly contemplate buying Sims Store items if so many of them weren't so horrendously broken. On the plus side their Sims 2 Store items are redistributable.

www.parsimonious.org
Artists - Get your own Studio! Always be featured!
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 5:28 AM
I haven't bought from them and won't. They're way too expensive, and I haven't seen a single thing on there I felt like I just had to have for my game. Even if they did away with stuff packs altogether and I decided to buy Sims 3 (still on the fence about it), if they didn't come down on the prices or offer a good deal on the collections, they wouldn't get one red cent out of me in an online "store". I know a rip off when I see one.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 5:52 AM
I've never even looked in there, confident in the fact that custom content can equal, if not surpass those items.

EDIT:

I rest my case!!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 11:31 AM
I think the Sims3 store will be in more demand than the Sims2 store. If new meshes for Sims3 will indeed me more difficult to create by the community, I think they will have quite a lot of sales, even if they won't lower the prices. I only hope they won't be too uptight about sharing the stuff.
Alchemist
#21 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I think the Sims3 store will be in more demand than the Sims2 store. If new meshes for Sims3 will indeed me more difficult to create by the community, I think they will have quite a lot of sales, even if they won't lower the prices. I only hope they won't be too uptight about sharing the stuff.

I'm sure they will be... but I'm also sure there will be enough people who don't care that they're uptight and share them anyway.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
I'm sure they will be... but I'm also sure there will be enough people who don't care that they're uptight and share them anyway.
TS3SMBD? :D
#23 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz

Considering the difficulty with new meshes and creations, I can see quite a lot of people buying and sharing... it's unavoidable whether you are for or against it.
Alchemist
#24 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 12:25 AM
Exactly. But we better stray from this topic of *cough*... or someone's going to end up with warning points and it won't be me - Not again!! lol
#25 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 7:48 PM
I don't see the point of buying stuff in the Store when I can come to sites like MTS2 and get the same kind of thing for free.
Page 1 of 4