Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jericho

by simsample Posted 28th Dec 2011 at 5:56 PM - Updated 2nd Sep 2021 at 8:09 PM by simsample : Resurrected dead links!

521 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 292 Feedback Posts, 228 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 16 of 21
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#376 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 5:48 PM
I do love this world and I am using it at the moment! Apparently, the blank sky bugs me so much. I tried reloading the save but it didn't worked.
Test Subject
#377 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 4:13 AM
hi there, I downloaded and installed the world, and it said it installed correctly, however when i start the game and open the world up the game crashes... I have all the expansions except WA installed and thats only cos i cant find it :-( could that be why? When i have installed previous content (houses etc) that require that expansion the game has just replaced the content...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#378 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 6:35 PM
Kassandria- Thank you! I'm happy that you like it, and appreciate the comment.

Punkface- Do you have all required EPs and Sps installed, and are your games updated? Do you have Riverview installed? Check that your graphics drivers are updated too; Jericho is more complex that the EA worlds and so will stress your hardware more.

goldthelocks- Try deleting your game caches and world caches; then load, save and re-load. If it's any consolation, the EA worlds suffer from this problem too- it was driving me mad in Lunar Lakes.

jazzgurl- This will not work without WA; as stated on the download tab, Worls Adventures is required. Whereas items from missing stuff packs will be substituted, this is not true for EPs. Worlds require ALL EPs that were used when building them, unlike lots.

Thank you all for downloading and commenting!
Lab Assistant
#379 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 6:46 PM
katiejesse8- There is an alternative download link on the first page you could try. Otherwise, make sure you rename the parts as instructed on the 'download' tab.

I have tried both ways but everytime I get this message:

Data error in Jericho. Sims3Pack. File is Broken. Not sure what is happening but I still will try again. I really want this world!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#380 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 7:54 PM
katiejesse8- Clear your internet cache and try downloading again. Also, you could try removing your DCCache folder and see if it will install then- if so it tells you that a file in your DCCache was corrupted. See this FAQ article for more detail:
Game Help:GCCTSU3 Startwiki
Test Subject
#381 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 12:33 AM
Hmmm... I did everything to try and install this, my problem is i'm getting a "Software update need" error when installing though the Sims Launcher. I reinstall Riverview and have ALL the lastest patches expact for WA, I have 2.0.86 for WA and can not patch because of a "Invaild file found" error. Would you guys think it's WA or something else?
Lab Assistant
#382 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 3:23 PM
Punkface- Do you have all required EPs and Sps installed, and are your games updated? Do you have Riverview installed? Check that your graphics drivers are updated too; Jericho is more complex that the EA worlds and so will stress your hardware more.

I have all of the required EPs....with the exception of World Adventures. I neglected to reinstall that one because I only used the game for the silly bike and the nectar. I'll probably end up reinstalling it anyway because it's not like my game is running that much faster without it : /
Incidentally, though, would that really cause the world not to load? Wouldn't it just not load whatever items or such you used from WA?

^^ JK, ignore that. I see what the problem is now. Apparently I only read what applies to me and not what anyone says to others lol. I feel kiiiiiiiinda silly now :3

Believe in the GaGa Law:
(RAH)² (AH)³ + RO (MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH(LA)² = Bad Romance
Lab Assistant
#383 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Motafota
Hmmm... I did everything to try and install this, my problem is i'm getting a "Software update need" error when installing though the Sims Launcher. I reinstall Riverview and have ALL the lastest patches expact for WA, I have 2.0.86 for WA and can not patch because of a "Invaild file found" error. Would you guys think it's WA or something else?

I had something like that, I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall everything, right down to the base game. My game has run fine for years and then one day it told me there was an invalid file. So I just saved my CC and started over from scratch. It sucks, but I couldn't patch or play the game, so I had no choice.

Believe in the GaGa Law:
(RAH)² (AH)³ + RO (MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH(LA)² = Bad Romance
Test Subject
#384 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 3:35 PM Last edited by Motafota : 1st Apr 2012 at 5:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Punkface
I had something like that, I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall everything, right down to the base game. My game has run fine for years and then one day it told me there was an invalid file. So I just saved my CC and started over from scratch. It sucks, but I couldn't patch or play the game, so I had no choice.

Hmm... I did a fresh install of the game yesterday. And today I patched all my of expantions from HERE. I also reinstalled Riverview from the Store.

My expantion versions:
Lanucher: 10.0.96.015001
Base: 1.33.2
WA: 2.17
AMB: 4.10
LA: 6.5.1
GEN: 8.0.152
PETS: 10.0.96.03001

Does anything not meet the req?

EDIT: I re-downloaded the map using the alternative 4Shared link and it worked.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#385 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 9:11 PM
Motafota- I have my game fully patched, so it's feasible that having an unpatched EP could cause problems with worlds, although I've not tested this myself. Well done for fixing it, I hope you enjoy Jericho!

Punkface- Yes, to clarify you require ALL EPs mentioned on the Download tab. Worlds made with WA will not work if you do not have WA installed. I hope you can install WA again so that you can play Jericho!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#386 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 4:23 PM
fantastic, thank you for posting on EA Exchange have been waiting for that!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#387 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 5:03 PM
Everylittlebreeze- I didn't post it on there, someone else has uploaded it and taken credit (although it does seem to be this original version intact). If you want an alternative download, there are some linked in the first post. My exchange thread is here, I couldn't manage to get Jericho uploaded to the exchange though (it times out for me):
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...83.page#7424161
As you can see, I go under simsample on the exchange too, so anything uploaded there under another name is not me and I can't support it, as I can't guarantee it has not been changed.
Lab Assistant
#388 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 5:25 PM
katiejesse8- Clear your internet cache and try downloading again. Also, you could try removing your DCCache folder and see if it will install then- if so it tells you that a file in your DCCache was corrupted. See this FAQ article for more detail:
Game Help:GCCTSU3 Startwiki

I will try that but I don't know how to clear the internet cache. It isn't a problem as far as putting it in the game. When I try to extract the first part I get a notice of a data error and that the Sim3Pack is broken and it won't extract the other parts. It has to be something on my computer (or that I am doing) but I can't figure out what. Thanks for your help.
Lab Assistant
#389 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 6:07 PM
Will there be an update to Jericho to include the Showtime lots? I'd really love to play it, but I think it would ruin the 'hood to add non-matching Maxis ones...if they'd even fit at all. Those 64x64 lots are a pain to place.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#390 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 8:05 PM
I have one question about populating.
I like doing stories for the hoods I download or make, and I want to make a large family that will be like, the richest family, and will be living at a large mansion. The problem starts when I have to move that family to that expensive mansion. The family only starts with 20,000 simoleons, and the only available houses are always 1 dorm, with the cheapest things. I've tried to use familyfunds with my families and households, but it seems that the cheat only works for household you're playing with, because I also have tried to use it with families already living in a house. It's very boring to have to play with every household you make, and then use testingcheats and then familyfunds, and then moving them to the house you want. The only thing I like from doing this is that you can choose your Sim's job. Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong here?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#391 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 8:49 PM
Hey I downloaded yet again and after the third try at extracting it FINALLY did it! I got the world to work and it is awesome. Thanks for sharing it!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#392 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 9:56 PM
bloodstained_black_lace- I already answered that here:
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...6&postcount=381
You don't need 64X64 lots anyway as you can build venues without the shells.

Santi990- Turn on 'testingcheatsenabled true', then type the cheat 'freerealestate'. This will allow you to move in sims from edit town view even if they cannot afford the lot. I hope this helps!

katiejesse8- Hooray, I'm glad you got it working! I'm glad you like it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#393 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 11:06 PM Last edited by magenta24 : 5th Apr 2012 at 2:43 AM.
First of all absolutely in love with Jericho, i previously installed it with a decrapified Riverview and i did notice the missing rabbit holes but i still enjoyed the world. since last installing my pc crashed so i have reinstalled sims and have come back for Jericho but i was wondering do you strongly recommend playing Jericho with a non-decrapified Riverview?, because i can only get a decrapified Riverview to install. Thank You!.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#394 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 11:37 PM
magenta24- I'm glad you like Jericho! The easiest thing is to use an original version of Riverview, but if you can't get that to work and need Riverview decrapified, then try decrapifying Jericho.world in your Installed worlds folder, also. That should make the Riverview items show up.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#395 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 2:40 AM
Thank you so much for the help, it worked!. Jericho is everything i want in a world for my sims thank you for taking the time to create such a realistic world.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#396 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 5:39 AM Last edited by simsample : 5th Apr 2012 at 12:09 PM.
amazing just amazing just to think one guy could do all this most people show it off and hold it but you werent that consided thanks :D

oh and is that guy on your pro you?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#397 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 12:14 PM
magenta24- I'm glad it worked! I hope you have a lot of fun with Jericho, thanks for the great comments.

weezywee55- Thanks for the lovely comment! I always like to keep my projects private until I know for sure I'm going to like them enough to finish them; I did have a creator feedback thread but not until Jericho was mostly finished! The guy on my profile (when it's not Chuck Norris Day) is always Sim Sample, my favourite sim since Sims 1. He appears on some of the billboards and buildings in Jericho, too. I look nothing like him, and he does everything I would never dare to.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#398 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 6:00 AM
I have all of the EP's except for World Adventures. Would this town still work? Many apologies if this question has already been answered, it's late and I'm lazy.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#399 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 10:54 AM
millerlaura12- This is answered in the overview, the download tab, and many of the posts here- most recently #358 and #383. I'm too lazy to link!
Test Subject
#400 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Thanks yang- please provide an English translation so that we can all understand what you wrote.

I do believe that translates to Thanks... at least according to google translate
Page 16 of 21