Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 10:43 PM
Default Site downtime
Hi All,

You may have noticed the downtime today for some 5 hours. In order to try and fix some of the slowness and DNS issues people have been experiencing, I rebooted the MTS2 server.... unfortunately one of the shutdown procedures failed and the box didn't restart.

The box has since been manually rebooted and everything seems to be back up and running again. Big apologies for the downtime, and thanks for being patient.

I am working on alternative solutions and future servers to keep the site running and I hope you all bear with me in any possible downtime there might be to facilitate these.

Regards
Delphy
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 10:47 PM
Well, I'm just glad your back up again. I havent been able to get in since last night. I hope you get everything straightened out again soon. Thanbks for working so hard, I hope you didnt pull out too many hairs over this issue.

Please join us at the Gay Sims Club 2 forums. Where you will find discussions and links to great Content for the Sims 2!
The Gay Sims Club 2
Forum Resident
#3 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 10:54 PM
Thank you for your work and absolutely no need to apologize!

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 11:08 PM
Thank You Delphy

For working hard to get the site back up and running, I know forum's that are down for months at a time, then suddenly there back up and running again!, Keep up the Awesome work, no Apologize's are necessary!.

I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die,So let me live my life the way I want to!.-J.Hendrix
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 11:16 PM
i am so amazed at how popular this site has become! i joined right after i got the sims 2 back in october and wow! has iy grown since then

delphy- you are so generous to keep this site free...it must cost a fortune!
although i wouldn't blame you if you went pay...this site is one of the very few (and i mean that very few part) that would be worth the price
The ModFather
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 11:34 PM
I didn't know how much I was addicted to MTS2 until it was shut down... It was awful!

Thank you Delphy for all the "backgroud" work you do to let us enjoy this site!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 11:40 PM
I Wanted to know is it ok to upload cause i try to upload
some of my work and the screen said try to refresh
and i did and nothing so should i wait until everything is ok
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 12:20 AM
I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to all that make this site possible. I appreciate the hard work and effort that's put in to it
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 12:43 AM
May I add my Thanks too. I am grateful for all the extensive work, time and effort both you and Eve dedicate to the site, and to all the members. I would rather downtime than not have the site available at all, and the fact that so many people go nuts and out of their minds when unable to get in here (including myself) is testimony to the fact that the vast majority of us Love it here.
Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 1:16 AM
Thanks Delphy I know what goes into running a forum my hubby has one and it seems he is always doing something for it it does take a lot of time and effort to keep one going especially one as popular as this one so again thank you so much for keeping this one going
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 2:04 AM Last edited by Slip : 22nd Feb 2005 at 5:55 AM.
Delphy, you're the best! Thanks for all of your efforts and hard work to keep the site going. I appreciate having this site with all of it's wonderful people who make it the greatest Sims site around. I spend more time here than I do playing. As others have said, "no need to apologize" !!! You're a good man, Delphy!!!

Smile so people will wonder what you're up to...
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 2:10 AM
Yes Delphy you are the best!!
I has having issues because the sight was down. I really didn't realize how much this site has become part of my sims....
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 3:13 AM
Let me "me too" please. I knew I was addicted to TS2, but didn't realize how badly I'm addicted to MTS2 until I couldn't get here on my lunch break

I love this place - a little downtime only reminds me it's worth the wait. Thanks for everything.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 5:03 AM
:werd: Well I must admit. I too am very addicted to this site. I spend more time here browsing the forms and downloading everyones amazing creations, than I actually do playing the sims!

I'm glad I found this site. Love this community.

Long Live Modthesims2!!! :mrpantha:

"That Which Does Not Kill You, Only Makes You Stronger."
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 6:05 AM
Thankyou fo your effort!
Don't worry,we will be patient,i'ts a wonderful and may I say,a unique site!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 6:52 AM
i only wish the best for the site. thank you Delphy for all your good work! :clap: :thumb: modthesims2.com rules !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah

no ears
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 9:30 AM
Thanks for the wonderful comments everybody
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 2:06 PM
I too truely can't do without this place. Now as things settle down....is uploading ok? It doesn't seem to connect.

Somebody has to be the 'badie' but I think this place is the best.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 2:32 PM
Uploading should work fine.
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 4:21 PM
Don't EVER let the site go down again! I was going through some EXTREME withdrawl. I kept coming here, like, every five minutes HOPING it was back up.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 4:28 PM
It's not like I *deliberately* kept it down for that length of time....
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 6:13 PM
It certainly does seem faster now and thanks for all your hard work Delphy, you're the best

I must admit that I was at a loose end when I couldn't log on as usual as soon as I got home from work...never thought I would miss it *that* much.
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
It's not like I *deliberately* kept it down for that length of time....

Are you sure it wasn't some twisted joke? :Pimp:

(I meant my earlier post jokingly, but I can certainly see where it came off as kinda shitty - so sorry about that)

Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.