Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 8:05 AM
Default Is it possible to change the mesh of initialized servo?
I know it is possible to do it to uninitalized ones but it is not interesting at all. Anyone can find a way to change the mesh of initialized servo? How?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 8:09 AM
well the servo is like a car it's animated and to change it you would need to intergrate your mesh into the animations just like the cars.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 9:53 AM Last edited by 0O_Andie_O0 : 22nd Mar 2006 at 10:33 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
well the servo is like a car it's animated and to change it you would need to intergrate your mesh into the animations just like the cars.

Thx , but how? I can't find a tutorial about that. The GMDC of the uninitialized servo doesn't have any bone. I can't find the initialized one in object workshop.
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 7:34 PM
i wouldn't have a clue
Forum Resident
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 7:36 PM
the initialized servo is a sim with clothes as body and hair as head.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 5:09 AM
Andie, creating a Servo is more complex than creating a car or a body mesh or something else. I already tried to create a new Servo type but never success, and currently need 4 different files to make a Servo and that why Maxis never make a recolorable Servo. It's to complex to make it available.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 3:48 PM
Thank you ,guys! So I have to give up......-_-"
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 11:41 PM
I would be interested in this as well; like maybe changing servo to look like Iron Man or XO Manowar or something. Is there anyone that has made progress in this task?
Part-time Hermit
#9 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 5:26 AM
English, please!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IgnorantBliss
English, please!

That is english. I don't know why you can't see that post. I say it again anyway. Someone in SimPE forum have figured it out. You may see it here: http://ambertation.de/simpeforum/viewtopic.php?t=2832
Scholar
#11 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 9:48 AM
you can change servo but it will replace the 1 in the game.
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 11:10 PM
0O:

How do I open the sims03.paackage that is founded in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\3D\Sims03.package?

Also can I just copy a sim that I want to be a naked servo, custom color hair and cloths... can I put the file in that place? I have a download a sim of "W" and I want to make a servo out of him wearing Retrosex clothing some nice c.c. hair . Hey I have to live with what is ... but I can still have some fun while I am miserable while he is there.