Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#101 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 2:39 AM
When EA spends months and months adding things to the game so that we can ignore it, that bothers me. Why not stick with the winning formula and give us more of what makes the Sims a game we all love? Why try to add rpg elements to a simulation/strategy sandbox game? Yes, we do have a right to not like this stuff. I don't like paying for things that I don't want so I can ignore it.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#102 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 3:01 AM
If EA's focus was on improving gameplay and fixing bugs, there would not be any need for silly gimacks or new social features. In my opinion, simmers just want to enjoy a couple hours of gameplay. Glitches, bugginess, and ridiculous restrictions on how to play the Sims is not going to improve EA's profit margin. It will only get loyal fans frustrated with a franchise we love and turn us away from whatever new EP or Sims series EA comes out with.

I don't think it is too much to ask considering we are spending our hard earned cash. But it seems that EA didn't get the memo on reinventing the wheel. You know, an exercise in futility and all that.
Banned
#103 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
Take a look at yourself, Adamant. You don't care for the way this community talks about this game, and that's making you really quickly hate a single player game?

The community doesn't have to damage the experience for you. You can go away, ignore it, and happily play your game in peace. But you seem to have a sense of entitlement yourself, that this community should behave the way you want it to behave.

Two things:

"Take your own advice" is actually a logical fallacy. Not taking my own advice does not mean it is unsound advice.

Second, telling someone to take their own advice is...it's circular. Me: Do this! You: You aren't doing this, so why should I? YOU do this! Me: You aren't doing this, so why should I? YOU do this!

Etc.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 3:46 AM
I don't know anyone who wants to be best friends with their sim. lol Sure, we might really like our sim, but why would we want to be able to talk to it? Lame as hell. People play the sims because its creative and funny! Or at least that's why I play it. I love games that let me customize whatever I want, including your characters and clothes and so on, and that's what the Sims does. Bottom line, people play the Sims because they like to create. Now it wouldn't be so bad to be able to take a picture of a piece of furniture that you think would be cool in the Sims, but why would I want to pay real life money or points just to get it when I can ask someone on this site to make it for me for free? I'm pretty sure a lot of you would all agree with me that we would like to pay less real money in order to customize our game even further.
Field Researcher
#105 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamantEve
That's the entitlement that's making me really quickly hate this game and the community. This is the most ridiculous place I've ever been. Is this whole thread an april fools joke with a really long and early setup?

Well sorry, but why are you still posting?

[I]You are playing the game wrong if you think The Sims is this kind of game. Absolutely. This is a limitless free-form game. What you are saying is just pure nonsense.

It is so rude of you to call another person's opinion, "nonsense."

19 - Female - Australia
Forum Resident
#106 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 4:04 AM
Two things:

"Take your own advice" is actually a logical fallacy. Not taking my own advice does not mean it is unsound advice.

Second, telling someone to take their own advice is...it's circular. Me: Do this! You: You aren't doing this, so why should I? YOU do this! Me: You aren't doing this, so why should I? YOU do this!

Etc.

Honestly, people have their own damn opinions, if you would just (And I know who you are, I have seen other posts) let people post their own opinion and not attack it completely (Saying you disagree and why is alright, but to keep fighting and even offending others, no). The reason people may be fighting you back is basically you are acting like it's a fact.. But YOU are no better then the rest of us!

Why? Well you are getting on us about hating an Expansion pack and then go right on complaining that you hate this site. You sound just as hypocritical as the rest of us, maybe I am and so is everyone else but you are acting like your opinions are fact, like you aren't wearing rose tainted glasses and sitting on a site that you admit you hate.

Why? Why post or even stay? Is there anything at all about MTS that you even like? I get not liking other opinions, even those of the admin ranks and in another site, I disagree with some rules or might not like the owner much but I still like the site itself, and don't attack the entire population of it.
Alchemist
#107 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 4:26 AM
Two things:

Etc.

You have this tendency to lump everyone here together. If you'll look back on this thread, I haven't posted any opinion here that would make ME a subject of the advice you are handing out, I never said that the optional content in the game is ruining my experience of it.
So your whole point about 'our' argument being circular is invalid. I'm looking at you being hypocritical about the advice you are handing out to others. You can't tell me that you don't have to follow your own advice because I don't follow it: I actually do follow it. (Though, I was following that path before you came along. I just don't tell other people to follow it. Unless, like you, they start telling people to do it without doing it themselves.)
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#108 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 4:35 AM
EVERYONE NEEDS TO COOL IT.

Guys. I understand that for some of you the way that you play your game can be a very personal thing, and obviously there's going to be some strong disagreement when it comes down to changing the way that the game works.

That being said, I have no idea how this thread got so heated, but the bickering and rudeness need to stop immediately. Either play nice or go home.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Hanging with the Gnomies
#109 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 5:14 AM
AdamantEve- what a beautiful name,
His posting style is nearly the same
As CLAERIC et al -
Maybe more than their pal,
I think that is really quite lame.

Hands up if you think AdamantEve is Claeric
Alchemist
#110 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 5:17 AM Last edited by coltraz : 1st Apr 2012 at 5:29 AM.
That's the entitlement that's making me really quickly hate this game and the community.

Then might I suggest you locate a different forum to hang out in? It would seem the majority of members here do not agree with your various opposing stances on popular opinions, and your effort to change their minds by acting as if you're smarter than everyone else is nothing more than irritating. Find yourself some other hobby. Your efforts are not being appreciated here.

ETA: The Gnome, might be the same guy behind the name, but he's playing a somewhat more diluted version of the Claeric character if so. A Claeric Lite, if you will, for those of us who could not stomach the full version. Claeric Lite is not quite as annoying. Except for his avatar.
Scholar
#111 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 5:17 AM
I don't feel represented as simmer by that EA employee. I play the sims as if its a simulation of a neighbourhood where I can zoom into some family to have a simulation of a family. I don't develop a relationship with 'my sim'. For me the best comparison would be characters in a tv series or book. I switch families and like to see those other sims I created still wandering around town.

My perfect The Sims would be the combination of :
- Sim City building. Not just building houses, but a good ingame world editor too please.
- Whacky simlish drama that you can manipulate (to satisfy my big brother needs )
- Rpg elements (the sim progression in jobs, skills, collections )
- Less fundamental bugs like routing issues (sry, couldn't resist )
- Terrific AI that let sims function on their own while I switch to a different family (so not a retarded story progression that immediately emigrates my sims behind my back)

I'm not at all interested in ingame online features for this game. I also would like to see object creation in the hands of the community. EA should create the tools for us to be creative (building items creator, mod creator etc) with and deliver a good simulation worthy AI with easy to understand presets for ppl who can't be bothered with tweaking. This is what creates longevity for me in a game. Not some dlc for which I need to depend on EA's disney approved weak creativity. I would be fine having to pay for additional tools to create stuff for the sims with.

Minecraft is popular because the players see no limit in their creativity with that game. (this game totally caught me by surprise and I'm having tons of fun on my own server with some of my friends now)

These are just my wishes for the sims franchise ofc. To each his own is the English expression?
Forum Resident
#112 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 5:28 AM
Adamanteve is a pain he just being in disagreement on about everything anybody else says. He must have the most dislikes i have ever seen in this community. Hope he takes the hint and goes somewhere else too troll.
Instructor
#113 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Missy_J
I think i feel insulted, once again EA get everything about sims players wrong.

I realize that this is simply the turn-of-phrase that you chose to use, but my adjoinder is: I don't have to THINK I'm insulted, I KNOW I am!

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Field Researcher
#114 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The Gnome
AdamantEve- what a beautiful name,
His posting style is nearly the same
As CLAERIC et al -
Maybe more than their pal,
I think that is really quite lame.

Hands up if you think AdamantEve is Claeric

He seemed like such a nice, quiet boy...

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Forum Resident
#115 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 6:16 AM
If wanted too get achievements then i would play games on xbox 360. And having too rely on others too get things in game is a pain. Sometimes your friends that you know may not be online and that is a pain when wanting the showtime stage props.
Field Researcher
#116 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 8:48 AM
And it had happened again and with such an interesting thread.
Dear mods will you PRETTY PLEASE ban AdamantEve for trolling? It's getting quite ridiculous already, he/she has already messed up a lot of threads, it's getting difficult to skip all those silly attacks of his/hers on MTS members.
Or at least unleash Chuck Norris on him/her, that should do the trick.

On topic, I wonder still if EA team deliberately ignores all the major requests players make on fan forums or they just don't get the game at all.
I think many have read an interesting article about an easel on sims 2 and 3 - http://www.raymazza.com/1/post/2012...the-sims-3.html , I think that Ray Mazza has done a good job with it, but then again why not add the ability to add your own pictures with an in game tool, that renders them according to painter traits?
That's one of smallish examples of taking away the sandbox element away from sim series.

Noone expects the spanish inquisition!
My simblr and my downloads blog .
Inventor
#117 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 9:04 AM
It's inevitable that as our computer technology advances, our gaming experience will become even more intense, and while I'm interested to see where they'll take the game from TS3, I just hope they will not completely ruin The Sims by dragging it through the social network aspect, like they've started to do with TS3 and even that little sims facebook game... The Sims is not something I really want to share with anyone, since for me it's a 'private' game, a way of escaping reality and delving into this almost comic version of real life where I can forget about real world problems.

You don't really share your pets, or call your friend over every time you want to take your dog for a walk... I don't want to have to wait for my non-existent friends to come online so that I can play my favourite game to its full extent.

These guys obviously have no clue what the consumers want, and if they only did a little internet research, they could make one of the greatest Sim's games... But no, their main goal is still money. How can we make The Sims as expensive as it can possibly be?
Scholar
#118 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 9:20 AM
Speaking of this dumb ass, I just have to question, once the Sims 3 is over will CC creators will stop creating for the Sims 3 and head back to the Sims 2. Or my biggest fear is will Most CC creators Will just leave the Sims Franchise all together, Including MTS?
Forum Resident
#119 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 9:39 AM
I hope the moderators ban adamanteve too he really is being a pain in the rear. If they continue too make sims 3 like sims social i won't play it anymore and go back too sims 2 or just stop at showtime. And not buy anymore expansions for the sims 3.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#120 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
Adamanteve is a pain he just being in disagreement on about everything anybody else says. He must have the most dislikes i have ever seen in this community. Hope he takes the hint and goes somewhere else too troll.

I hope the moderators ban adamanteve too he really is being a pain in the rear. If they continue too make sims 3 like sims social i won't play it anymore and go back too sims 2 or just stop at showtime. And not buy anymore expansions for the sims 3.

I don't think these are particularly helpful posts, especially after a moderator has asked us to try and chill out a little.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#121 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 12:16 PM Last edited by Arisuka : 1st Apr 2012 at 1:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Saturnfly
It's inevitable that as our computer technology advances, our gaming experience will become even more intense, and while I'm interested to see where they'll take the game from TS3, I just hope they will not completely ruin The Sims by dragging it through the social network aspect, like they've started to do with TS3 and even that little sims facebook game...

This will be interesting to see. Looking at other games on the market and their character customizing/creating tools, worlds and graphics, TS3 is already miles behind. With TS4, EA would have an opportunity to knock one out of the park by making the most open, big and lively world with realistic sims customizeable to the core... but only if EA chooses to do so.

They can just take this strange, app-style way, or make a freaking epic sandbox experience. They got all the resources, customer opinions and tools. All they need is the will to make a GREAT new game, instead of just a new game. Otherwise they'll just get run over by better things on the market, as the good name of the franchise can't carry any kind of crap forever.
Theorist
#122 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sanati
Hey guys, Richard Hilleman doesn't even work on games let alone Sims 3. He's a corporate suit with a fancy title that spends most of his time teaching at the "EA University." The last time he was involved with a game was in the 90s when he was working on hockey and golf games.

They asked him a question and he produced some hypotheticals for a popular EA title. These are not EA's design goals for The Sims, this is crap he (somebody not involved at all with the games) thought up on the spot.

Of course. But it shows exactly what the suits are thinking about these days. As
Writerchick said, they seem to want to substitute technology for gameplay. They're all into gimmicks instead of gaming.

I get that they are trying to secure their long-term survival, but it seems to me they have a very poor opinion of gamers, what we're like and what we want. I think they've been consumed by market data on Facebook. What is that saying? Oh yeah...'When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail'.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Forum Resident
#123 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I don't think these are particularly helpful posts, especially after a moderator has asked us to try and chill out a little.
Ok i see where it could be looked at where i was just being mean but i wasn't but ok i be good.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#124 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miuki
And it had happened again and with such an interesting thread.

Yeah..I posted this article on another forum and this didn't happen. I sometimes hesitate to post on MTS these days which is sad. Such interesting people here.
Top Secret Researcher
#125 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 4:18 PM

You can add her to your ignore list. I did, and my forum reading enjoyment improved 10000%.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Page 5 of 7