Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 11:37 PM
Default [Question] how do i recolor downloaded objects?(Non-Maxis created objects)
I can't seem to figure out how to recolor custom objects. (I want to recolor the Ford Mustang Gt) Can i get help plz?
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 7:34 AM
You can follow the general recolouring tutorial (LINK).

The only difference with Maxis objects is that in Step 1, zwhere you are sduggested to click "Start", you should instead click "Open", and then browse to the package containing the Mustang mesh.
Then proceed with the tutorial, without any other difference.
Remember that NOT ALL of the custom objects are recolourable; of course, if you have already seen other recolours around, then you can be sure it IS recolourable...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.