Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 3:18 AM
Transparency not working in my textures
I am using Corel Paint Shop Pro XI to edit my objects & windows. I tried adding tint and tinted objects on my windows (to the "wall texture" please let me know if this is wrong) in the game the color turns solid gray and the tinted objects just appears as gray objects (not transparent) on the glass. I tried making a frame with the glass attached and and adding texture to the glass on that frame. When I looked at it in the game I could see color but it was not transparent. What do I have to do to make anything transparent with tint? I'm not to sure about coloring on the wallmask texture but I'd think at least the second thing I tried creating and texturing my frame with window would have worked. I am cloning "Function of Plateglass" window I followed the "Creating Custom Windows" tutorial by Ingnorant Blisss (great tutorial BTW) I tried using the "Object transparency" tutorial by Mike19 to instruct on the object transparency. I tried the tutorial Numenor has for making broken glass I tried that and I got nothing (I know if I've done something wrong there). Can someone point a lost soul in the right direction? How will I create object and window transpareny/tint?
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 5:22 AM
What format are you saving your graphic in? jpg only saves solid colors. I believe a 'transparent' gif can only have and on/off single color that's transparent, which is not what a tint would be. You must use PNG format (with transparency on, if that is an option)
When you read in the graphic, you must use dxt3 or 5 format - dxt1 is solid.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 5:25 PM
Default Thanks
Thanks for the response!!!

I am saving in .png but using dxt1 so I will try this the way you suggested and let you know if that works for me. Again thanks for the response to know someone is willing to throw some suggestions my way to help means the world to me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 11:28 PM
Default I tried it
I tried exporting/importing in dxt3 and dxt5 and I still got the solid gray affect. But when I selected the wallpaper for the wall the window was on the gray spot took on the wallpaper texture...In the future I might get creative with that. Thanks for the suggestion though if you think of anything else I'm listening as a sims maniac I will be trying to figure this out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 6:03 PM
In the buy menu my objects look how I design to be they are transparent but when I place them on a Sim's lot they either have solid color or they turn blue. I have unistalled and reinstalled my whole Sims collection but still I have nothing. Is there someone out there that's ever had this issue if so please help
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 1:37 AM
make sure the TXMT for the glass has the stdMatAlphaBlendMode set to blend

Alex aka Simaddict99
you can find more of my creations at: www.thesimsresource.com/artists/simaddict99/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 6:36 AM
simaddict99,
I checked that out and it is set to blend.

thanks!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 1:47 AM
hmm, then off hand i can't think of anything else. maybe uplaod the .package file here so we can take a look.

Alex aka Simaddict99
you can find more of my creations at: www.thesimsresource.com/artists/simaddict99/