Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 8:54 AM
Default Community business: changing to uniform changes makeup of my sim
As title says, for the first time I am trying to run a business on a community lot, but when I change the boss and her sister (both playable) to uniforms, they loose their makeup and eyeglasses. Is there a way to fix it?
Thanks
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 9:15 AM
Yup, EAxoids broke that feature. Not only the makeup, but actually even the entire facial structure of your employees get screwed up while they're 'in uniform'.
I'm sorry, but so far I've not heard of a fix for this. I've learned to not use uniforms anymore.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 9:44 AM
You can try closet gussy up by Christianlov and only set uniform for that one sim not for all. Losing eyebrows is quite common and last time my playable got an entirely different face as well as no eyebrows and no freckles. As BO said it's a broken feature. I got his face back with gussy up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 10:38 AM
I can confirm Gussy Up hack works - I used it after one of my Sims suddenly gained a giant square jaw and it put him back to normal. It's a useful hack anyways for fixing the townies that generate with weird hair or when your own Sims grow up into bizarre outfits.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 11:15 AM
Thank you BoilingOil and joandsarah, I will try Christianlove. How dois it work precisely? Otherwise, I will make my sims change their outfit at home before going on community lot
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 11:21 AM
When you install the mod, it adds a new "Gussy Up..." to their pie-menu when you click on them. Just use that to open up the change appearance box and then have them change back into their employee outfit again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 11:33 AM
Thank you ihatemandatoryregister, I am going to try it just now.
Scholar
#8 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 11:43 AM
Link to that hack, please?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 2:20 PM
Is that the clothes rack? I know it has that feature. I've changed many a Sim that way. It's one of those modded items that if something clashed with it, bye-bye something.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 2:37 PM
It's in his archive of mods here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/i...ack+Archive.zip 'closet gussy up' It has everything but Seasons clothing as it was made before that. You can even sculpt a sims face with it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
Link to that hack, please?

You find it in the link that jo wrote, the name of the file is PlugInClosetGussyUp.
I tried it and it works perfectly.
Thanks!
Link Ninja
#12 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 4:36 PM
The gussy up mod is one of my favorites, just saying. It's been used 100 times over - to spruce up Townie's fashion sense, help my own sims in absence of mirrors, fix faces at anytime, save time after a birthday and get clothes right there, and now TIL I can have uniforms at work if I have the gussy up to fix the face glitch!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#13 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 6:28 PM
I fix this problem by having a mirror at all my owned community businesses and choose the Change Appearance option. I don't recall it recurring after doing that the first time it happens.

Build a City Challenge on LiveJournal: Mesa Vista: my BaCC for fun
Mesa Vista Running list of chapters
Scholar
#14 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 8:23 PM
Hmm, that would indeed be preferable, since it requires no hacks. Thanks @lorinsv60
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lorinsv60
I fix this problem by having a mirror at all my owned community businesses and choose the Change Appearance option. I don't recall it recurring after doing that the first time it happens.

This is a good advice, but I am afraid it does not work if the face is changed into default one or different one (it happens, as I could read on the internet).
Alchemist
#16 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lorinsv60

Who has to change appearance to be exact? The employees? Do you control them by using teleporter cat? Can I use the salon chair instead?

Just call me Nikel
Theorist
#17 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 5:53 PM
I remember some of my employees having no "change appearance" option in the mirror. It was probably a manager. My memory fails, but I think you've got to make them selectable for that option to show up, and making them selectable makes the game act like they're not employees anymore.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 5:55 PM
To do the mirror thing, though, you need to make employees selectable - and then once you make them non-selectable again, all the employee options in the pie menu are gone.
Theorist
#19 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
To do the mirror thing, though, you need to make employees selectable - and then once you make them non-selectable again, all the employee options in the pie menu are gone.

And that's why Gussy Up mod is preferable.

But the best method, if you use only townies for jobs, is to teleport them to a residentual lot and change their default clothes to the work clothes. This way no face change will ever happen at work.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elly87
This is a good advice, but I am afraid it does not work if the face is changed into default one or different one (it happens, as I could read on the internet).

It does for me - she isn't in the uniform in the second pic here, but I have had other businesses where I know it fixed their face while they wore their uniform.

ETA: I don't usually play businesses with employees, so I can't speak for that.

Build a City Challenge on LiveJournal: Mesa Vista: my BaCC for fun
Mesa Vista Running list of chapters